Quarantine Cost Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions
Students from red list countries are required to quarantine upon arrival to the UK in a managed quarantine hotel for 10 days.
- The University will reimburse new students resident in and travelling from red list countries for the quarantine cost up to a maximum of £1,750 when they arrive and fully enrol to start their course in September 2021.
- Students travelling through a red list country are not eligible for this support.
- Reimbursement will be made as one payment in full.
- The support is being offered to students on full-time undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD courses.
- Should a student no longer need their quarantine hotel, they should contact the booking provider to discuss cancellation.
- The University is not responsible for any loss incurred by cancellations.
- Students should keep copies of their hotel booking and flights. They will be required to submit this to the University to be reimbursed for the quarantine hotel costs.
- The refund will be made into the enrolled student’s UK bank account, in the second term.
- A student can only claim the reimbursement once, when fully enrolled, and only for themselves. The support is being offered for initial arrival into the UK only.
- Students can apply for shared quarantine with another student. Please note that in these cases each student will still receive a maximum of £1,750 each and the reimbursement would be made in one payment into the account of the named payee on the quarantine invoice.
- The University will contact students by email by October outlining the process they should follow to submit evidence of their bookings for reimbursement.