Quarantine Cost Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions
Students from red list countries are required to quarantine upon arrival to the UK in a managed quarantine hotel for 10 days.
- The University will reimburse new students resident in and travelling from red list countries for the quarantine cost up to a maximum of £1,750 when they arrive and fully enrol to start their course in September 2021.
- Students travelling through a red list country are not eligible for this support.
- Reimbursement will be made as one payment in full.
- The support is being offered to students on full-time undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD courses.
- Should a student no longer need their quarantine hotel, they should contact the booking provider to discuss cancellation.
- The University is not responsible for any loss incurred by cancellations.
- Students should keep copies of their hotel booking and flights. They will be required to submit this to the University to be reimbursed for the quarantine hotel costs.
- The refund will be made into the enrolled student’s UK bank account, in the second term.
- A student can only claim the reimbursement once, when fully enrolled, and only for themselves. The support is being offered for initial arrival into the UK only.
- Students can apply for shared quarantine with another student. Please note that in these cases each student will still receive a maximum of £1,750 each and the reimbursement would be made in one payment into the account of the named payee on the quarantine invoice.
- The University will contact students by email by October outlining the process they should follow to submit evidence of their bookings for reimbursement.
Courses and ApplyingA Great Place to Study Find a Course Visiting Students: Exchange and Study Abroad Your Application
After Receiving an Offer Planning your journey What to do when you arrive as an international student International and European Applicants FAQs Applying to NTU as an International Student NTU Education Counsellors Entry RequirementsFoundation Courses for International Students Pre-Masters Courses for International Students January Start Postgraduate Courses Global Summer School