Quarantine Cost Terms and Conditions
The University is supporting new students from red list countries who are arriving to start their studies in September 2021. The support is being offered to students on full-time bachelors, masters and PhD programmes. You'll find terms and conditions for this scheme on this page.
Terms and conditions
Students from red list countries are required to quarantine upon arrival to the UK in a managed quarantine hotel for 10 days. The cost of the hotel booking is currently £1,750.
- The University will reimburse new students resident in, and travelling from, red list* countries for the full quarantine cost (up to a maximum of £1,750) when they arrive and fully enrol to start their course in September 2021.
- The support is being offered to students on full-time bachelors, masters and PhD programmes.
- Should a student no longer need their quarantine hotel, they should contact the booking provider to discuss cancellation.
- The University is not responsible for any loss incurred by cancellations.
- Students should keep copies of their hotel booking and flights. They will be required to submit this to the University to be reimbursed for the quarantine hotel costs.
- The refund will be made into the enrolled student’s UK bank account, in the second term.
- A student can only claim the reimbursement once, and only for themselves. The support is being offered for initial arrival into the UK only.
- The University will contact students by email outlining the process they should follow to submit evidence of their bookings for reimbursement.
*Students traveling from a green or amber list country via a red list country are not eligible for this support