Sport and fitness
Your NTU experience will be packed with sporting opportunities and ways for you to keep active. After all, exercise is the perfect complement to your studies. Whatever sport you're into — and whatever level you're at — you can do it here.
You don’t need to be an expert — whether it’s cheerleading, water-skiing or dodgeball, everyone starts somewhere. So make that somewhere NTU, where we've got over 60 sports activities to get involved with. Our range of classes, clubs, Play for Fun programmes and intramural leagues offer something for everyone, at every level. You might be looking to channel your competitive streak, or you may just want to blow off steam between lectures. Whatever the plan, we’re ready when you are.
Our sports facilities
NTU is a BUCS top 15 university, with the resources to match. The Lee Westwood Sports Centre at Clifton Campus and the City Sports Centre both boast impressive sport and fitness facilities.
City and Creative Quarter Campuses
In our state of the art Byron building — home to Nottingham Trent Students’ Union — you'll find:
- a dynamic sports hall, built to Sport England’s own high standards
- high-end indoor pitches and courts
- a 100-station fitness suite
- a dance studio
- a 30ft climbing wall
- a Sports Therapy Clinic.
- two huge multi-purpose sports halls
- a 65-station gym, refurbished in January 2018
- three brand new glass-backed squash courts
- a brand new state of the art indoor tennis centre
- floodlit Astroturf and 3G pitches, for football and hockey
- a fitness suite
- a mirrored dance studio
- a brand new clubhouse with viewing terrace, social area and changing rooms.
- a purpose-built High Performance Centre, aiding athletic development
- a Sports Science Laboratory, and Sports Therapy Clinic
- a Nutrition Centre, providing dietary advice and guidance for NTU's athletes.
Looking to blow away the cobwebs with some fresh air? Our Brackenhurst Campus features an equestrian centre and stables, plus a range of outdoor sports pitches. We also have a partnership with Southwell Leisure Centre, which is very close to the Brackenhurst Campus — this fantastic deal offers NTU students and staff a superb discount on standard centre prices.
Get the full listing — by campus — of our facilities, as well as the wide range of membership packages we offer to suit your own needs and budget.
Play for fun
- play sport and be active without the commitment of joining a club
- have fun by playing more than one sport on a casual basis
- benefit from coach-led sessions, to improve your skills.
Passionate about sport, and looking to give something back? Volunteering is a great way of developing yourself, putting your skills into practice, and supporting the local community. It can give you a competitive edge in the job market too, by making a big difference to your CV. NTU Sport works in partnership with Nottingham Trent Volunteering to offer a huge range of sport volunteering opportunities just for you.