Conferments and progressions
Conferment and pass/progression lists should be sent to CADQ using the secure portal within two weeks of examination boards being held. Please use the templates below.
To help us track students and maintain accurate records we need you to provide lists of progressing students. Pass/progression lists should include all registered students and should confirm results at levels and stages that do not constitute the final award e.g. level 4 on a Foundation Degree.
Board of Examiners - Progression list form
Conferment lists are required for us to be able to make awards and produce certificates for your students.
It is important that conferment lists are accurate and include:
- the student's full legal name (as it should appear on the certificate)
- the classification awarded or the decision where an award is not made (in line with the common assessment regulations)
- the original signatures of the external examiner (s) and the Chair present at the Board of Examiners and the Registrar (or equivalent) of the Validated Centre (photocopied or scanned signatures cannot be accepted). Should an external examiner be unable to attend the meeting, they should complete the Non-attendance at Board of Examiners form
- the date of the Board of Examiners
- the date of the award ceremony
Final Board of Examiners - Conferment of Awards form
External examiner non-attendance at Board of Examiners form
We would encourage you to prepare the conferment and pass/progression lists in advance of the Board and populate the lists with decision as they are made, so that at the end of the meeting the Chair and external examiner can sign the Conferment Statement to confirm their agreement with the outcomes/recommendations made.
The conferment list must be fully completed and signed before NTU can produce certificates. Missing information can lead to a delay in producing certificates.
If certificates are required by a specific date, such as for an award ceremony please indicate this clearly on the conferment list. It is your responsibility to ensure that conferment lists are provided to us in good time. You should allow for up to 3 months for us to process conferment lists, deal with any related queries and produce and dispatch certificates. Please inform the team of key dates such as examination board and award ceremonies as soon as they are available.
Decisions made after a Board of Examiners has taken place, for example, following an appeal, referral or a deferral, can be presented to us as a Chairs Action. Please complete the Chairs action form and send to CADQ using the secure portal and provide details of the decision and a covering statement and ensure it is signed by the Chair of the Board.