NTU offers two types of library packages for partners; e-library and associate reader membership. Details of both packages and how to access them are provided below.
The e-Library service is for students on business related NTU validated courses. The package offers students:
- Access to Emerald (a global publisher providing you with the highest quality, peer-reviewed research and a portfolio of over 300 journals)
- Web-based support and guidance documentation
- Assistance from NTU Helpdesk for technical issues (initial response within 48 hours)
To take up the package, please include email addresses on the registration list. There is an additional charge per student for this package, please see your current financial schedule for details.
An e-Library induction presentation will be provided by NTU library, which should be disseminated to students to assist them in navigating the database.
e-Library access for staff involved with validated courses is free. Please send us a list of staff requiring access, including name, course, job title and email addresses and accounts and be generated and details emailed to staff.
Associate Reader Membership (walk-in library access)
NTU offers walk-in access to its libraries in the city and at the Clifton campus for students on NTU validated courses.
Associate Reader Membership gives students:
- access to the Boots and Clifton Libraries during full-service hours.
- a borrowing allowance of 4 books at any one time.
- access to photocopying (black and white or colour) at the same rates as NTU students.
- use of the Library's Customer Services staff to assist in finding relevant materials;
- reference access to the current and back runs of all print based journals, magazines and newspapers;
- access to reservations;
- an induction (on a cohort by cohort basis) by a member of library staff.
Associate Reader membership will not give students:
- access to library computers, electronic resources or the wireless network. The licences do not permit access for non NTU students or staff.
- inter-library loans.
- access to group study rooms.
Students who take up Associate Reader Membership are subject to the Library's Regulations and Procedures.
In the unlikely event of the loss of library material and student default, the Centre will have final responsibility for reimbursing NTU for replacement costs.
To take up the package, please indicate this on the registration list.
Associate Reader Membership for staff involved with courses is free. Please send a list of staff requiring access, including name, course, job title and email address.
Fees for library access are charged per student and included on the registration invoice, please see your current financial schedule for details.