The focus of the Biomedical, Life and Health Sciences Research Centre is health and well-being. Our Biomedical Science research team achieved 100% world-leading or internationally excellent research impact. (REF 2014). Find out more.
Research platforms impact lives and society and are linked to major international research priorities and funding opportunities:
Health and Disease
- Cell Biology, Pathology and Ageing
- Interactive Systems Research Group (ISRG)
- Neurobiology, Toxicology and Pharmacology
- Pathogen Research
- Sport, Health and Performance Enhancement
- Tumour Biology
Cross Cutting and Enabling Technologies
- Therapeutic chemistry, analysis and imaging
- Bioinformatics and Biomathematics
- Medical and Materials Imaging and Applied Imaging
- Proteomics and Genomics.
Much of our research is collaborative, involving end users such as the NHS, medical charities, and commercial companies. Our research impacts on patient care, improved health outcomes, public policy-making, public engagement with science and research, product development, food safety and authenticity.
Research is housed in purpose-built laboratories including the normal range of molecular, biochemical and analytical facilities.
To discuss your research interests, find out about collaboration and funding opportunities, or for more information, please contact Professor Nadia Chuzhanova, Director of BLHS or telephone: +44 (0)115 848 6456.