Dr Samuel J White joined the faculty at Nottingham Trent University (NTU) in 2019 as a Senior Lecturer within the department of Animal, Equine and Veterinary Sciences.
Dr Samuel J White is a Senior Lecturer within the department of Animal, Equine and Veterinary Sciences at Nottingham Trent University. His research is wide-ranging covering applied immunology and genetics with a one health approach to identifying biomarkers, protein allergenicity, multi-omics and novel diagnostic/therapeutic approaches.
Prior to joining NTU, Dr White ran his own laboratory and consultancy company, was an Associate Researcher at the University of Nottingham, worked as a UKAS Assessor and Quality Manager for a government Laboratory. Samuel holds a BSc (Hons) from University of the West of England, an MSc from the Royal Agricultural University, and a PhD in Applied Immunology from the University of Gloucestershire.
- Wyler M, Sage SE, Marti E, White S, Gerber V. Protein microarray allergen profiling in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid and serum of horses with asthma. J Vet Intern Med. 2023 Jan 1;37(1):328–37.
- Odoemelam SC, Hunter E, Ahmad Z, Kamerlin LC, White S, Wilson BP. Computational Investigation of Ligand Binding of Flavonoids in Cytochrome P450 Receptors. Vol. 28, Current Pharmaceutical Design. 2022. p. 3637–48.
- Battersby AU-I, Bower M, Dammery-Quigley G, Danson D, Harrison S, Heymann D, et al. Perspectives from the Royal Society of Medicine One Health: The Missing Link Conference and Soulsby Lecture 2021. CABI One Health. CABI One Health; 2022.
- Odoemelam CS, Hunter E, Eberl D, Busi B, Ahmad Z, White S, et al. The Role of Phorbol Diesters in Mediating Human Placental Aromatase Cytochrome P450 Activity. Vol. 1, Applied Biosciences. 2022. p. 279–88.
- Birras J, White SJ, Jonsdottir S, Novotny EN, Ziegler A, Wilson AD, et al. First clinical expression of equine insect bite hypersensitivity is associated with co-sensitization to multiple Culicoide allergens. PLoS One. 2021 Nov 15;16(11):e0257819.
- Novotny EN, White SJ, Wilson AD, Stefánsdóttir SB, Tijhaar E, Jonsdóttir S, et al. Component-resolved microarray analysis of IgE sensitization profiles to Culicoides recombinant allergens in horses with insect bite hypersensitivity. Allergy. 2021 Apr;76(4):1147–57.
- White SJ, Moore-Colyer M, Marti E, Hannant D, Gerber V, Coüetil L, et al. Antigen array for serological diagnosis and novel allergen identification in severe equine asthma. Sci Rep. 2019;9(1).
- White S, Moore-Colyer M, Marti E, Coüetil L, Hannant D, Richard EA, et al. Development of a comprehensive protein microarray for immunoglobulin E profiling in horses with severe asthma. J Vet Intern Med. 2019;33(5):2327–35.