Stephanie Latham is the Course Leader for BSc (Hons) Real Estate and a Senior Lecturer, teaching across all Undergraduate (UG) programmes and three Masters (MSc) courses within Property Management and Development.
Stephanie is the Module Leader for the following UG modules; Property Development Principles and Practice and Investment Appraisal and Valuation. At PG level, Stephanie is the Module Leader for Real Estate Valuation and Appraisal and Development Practice.
Stephanie specialises in Valuation and Development. In addition she contributes towards other modules such as, Development Consultancy, Surveying Skills, Employability and Commercial Awareness, Internship and Professional Academic and Business Skills.
Stephanie achieved a First Class Honours Award for the BSc (Hons) Planning and Development sandwich degree at Nottingham Trent University in 2012. She also achieved a Diploma in Professional Practice by completing a sandwich work placement within the Estates department at Domino's Pizza Head Office during 2010 to 2011. From 2012 to 2014, Stephanie worked at Savills in Nottingham within the Residential Development department.
As a Chartered Surveyor and Registered Valuer of the RICS, Stephanie worked at JLL in Nottingham within the Valuation department, valuing commercial and residential property from 2014 to 2017. Stephanie enjoyed guest lecturing for a number of years at Nottingham Trent University alongside her Surveying career and in the summer of 2017, Stephanie became a Senior Lecturer at Nottingham Trent University specialising in Valuation and Development.
- Member of the Global Heritage Research Group
- Participated in the Athena Swan working group for NTU’s Bronze Award bid application
- Real Estate
- Prop Tech
- Employability and Commercial Awareness
- Property Development
- 2017 to date - Member of Nottingham Trent University’s Women’s Staff Network
- 2016 to 2017 - Member of the Browne Jacobson Solicitors' Netball Team
- 2014 to date - Chartered Member of the RICS
- 2014 to 2017 - Registered Valuer of the RICS
- 2013 to date - Member of the Nottingham Trent University Choir
- 2012 to 2016 - Committee Member for the Networking group, RICS Matrics (based in Nottingham)
- 2012 to 2016 - Committee Member for the Networking group, Contact
- 2012 to 2014 - Member of the Women’s Real Estate Network (WREN)
Stephanie's article on The Importance of Employability among Students has been published in the Estates Gazette magazine 'Mainly For Students' series. The full article is available online and in print (14 October 2017). There is also a podcast available reflecting on the article, between Stephanie Latham and the EG Legal Editor.