Before joining Nottingham Business School in 2010, Ehsan was a senior consultant and programme manager in the power generator gas-turbine and automotive industries for 10 years.
Having engineering and manufacturing background, on top of his PhD in Operational Research and Strategic Planning and his Masters and undergraduate in Material Science and Metallurgical Engineering, Ehsan is now a researcher and senior lecturer in the fields of:
- Strategy Management
- Operations management and Operational Research
- Decision Making Modelling and Programming
Ehsan is also actively involved in international consultancy projects, industry-based research projects and academic research.
In advance of joining NBS, Ehsan was working for tier-1 suppliers of Peugeot-Citroen (PSA Group), VALEO, BMW and TRW companies in automotive Industry and SEMENS Company in gas-turbine power-generator industry for more than 10 years.
Collaborating with Jaguar Land-Rover (JLR) group, in his PhD, Ehsan developed a strategic capacity design and planning model in 2010, right before joining to the NBS.
For more Information Please visit Ehsan's LinkedIn page.
Ehsan's research interests are in strategic decision making models, operations management and supply chain network design in manufacturing industries.
He is particularly interested in employing quantitative methods and operational research methodology in strategic planning in automotive, aerospace and heavy duty manufacturing industries. Ehsan welcomes any prospective PhD and DBA research students who are active practitioners in the fields related to his research.
His research interests include:
- Operations Strategy in Manufacturing industries
- Pragmatic Approach to Operational Research in Manufacturing Industries and Supply Chain
- Continuous Improvement (both Strategic and Operational approaches)
- Project Management in fast moving or technology-based industries.
Ehsan is a:
- member of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
- member of the Operational Research Society (OR Society)
- Chartered Engineer in the Iranian Foundry Society (IFS).
Sponsors and collaborators
Ehsan is now leading two Corporate modules on Supply Chain Management and Operations Management with Rolls Royce PLC.