Senior Lecturer in Chinese Studies
Subject Leader for Mandarin Chinese
- British Academy Overseas Conference Grant of £900 for Jiu: Commemoration and Celebration in the Chinese-speaking world, Sydney Australia, 9 to 11 July 2009. delivered paper Revisiting the Culture Revolution Generation.
- China internal development between 1949 and 1969, a research project from May 2007 to September 2007, sponsored by the European Schools.
- Collaborative Models Project (CMP) with the Open University from March 2007 to July 2007, sponsored by HEFCE.
- East Midland project Language and Culture for Business from March 2006 to July 2006, and from September 2006 to December 2006, sponsored by European Social Fund.
- The Cultural Revolution generation
- Gender and politics
- China's internal development from 1949 to 1976
- Contemporary Chinese media studies.
- External examiner, BA in Joint Honors Chinese, University of Hertfordshire, from 1 October 2011 to 30th September 2015.
- Has been a member of the British Chinese Language Teaching Society since September 2005.
- Have been a member of International Society for Chinese Language Teaching since September 2008.
- Attended 2010 Hanban/Confucius Institute Headquarters Professional Training on Chinese Language Teaching & Teaching Materials from 20th to 23rd November 2010 in Shanghai, sponsored by Hanban.
- Attended the First UK Professional Training on Chinese Language Teaching & Teaching Materials from 23 - 25 April 2010 in London, sponsored by Hanban.
- Appointed by the Asset Languages as a Language Specialist for Chinese (Mandarin) for the period from 1 October 2006 to 30 September 2010.
- Invited by the European Schools - History stage as an expert with the presentation on 'China internal development 1949-1969' in 27th September 2007 in Mol, Belgium.
- Attended the training program for teachers of Chinese as a foreign language in East China Normal University in August 2007.This training program was certified by the Office of Chinese Language Council International (Hanban).
- Chinese women
- Women’s Studies
- 1960s generation in China
- Chinese generations
- Chinese media in 1980s and 1990s
- TV drama/series in China