Principal Lecturer in Human Resource Management
David Walsh is director of the university’s CIPD programmes. He has been instrumental in its achievement of being designated a CIPD Centre of Research Excellence; the only one awarded to date.
David has considerable experience of teaching overseas, including on the university’s CIPD courses in Moscow and Azerbaijan. Both programmes have shaped HRM education and professionalism in their host countries.
In Nottingham he teaches international students on the full-time Masters programme, and part-time students on the CIPD and HRM masters programmes. He specialises in International HRM alongside the more strategic aspects of HRM, taking a predominantly social action perspective.
Currently undertaking a critical review of research and theory on strategic human resource management from a social action perspective, to construct a diagnostic model for management practitioners.
- International Human Resource Management
- Strategic HRM: People and Productivity
- Exit Management
- Workplace Employee Relations
- Visiting Lecturer: Lancaster University Management School; Singapore Polytechnic; and Twente and Nottingham Universities
- Mentor for CIPD programmes Lancaster University
- External Advisor to Dundee Business School, University of Abertay Dundee – Malaysian Degree Programmes
- Formerly External Examiner: Masters (CIPD) programmes at Lincoln University and Napier University
- Chartered Member CIPD
- Member CIPD Quality Assurance Panel
Sponsors and collaborators
Previous sponsors / collaborators:
- Department of Customs and Excise
- Nottingham Building Society
- Children’s World, The Boots Group
- John Dale Foundries, London Colney
- Perkins Engines Group, Peterborough