Dhru teaches on a range of modules from First to Final Year Undergraduate programmes, including financial accounting, financial management, corporate governance and research projects. Postgraduate activities include an MSc postgraduate consultancy project which involves students liaising with small local businesses. From 2016, Dhru has co-supervised a PhD student, monitoring progress and offering mentoring opportunities.
Since joining NTU in 2012, Dhru has gained the PGCHE and HEA (Fellow) qualifications. He brings practical examples into his teaching using his previous experience as an auditor, accountant, director, fraud investigator, risk and project manager.
As the Year Two tutor for the BA (Hons) Accounting & Finance course (2014 – 2017), Dhru acted as personal tutor, monitored student engagement and progress, counselled and prepared students for placements and other forms of work experience.
Dhru has acted as (in reverse chronological order):
- Project Manager (2011-2012)
- Finance & Project Manager (2011-2012)
- Head of Financial Corporate Assurance (2009 – 2010)
- Deputy Head of Internal Audit (1999 – 2009)
- Non Executive Director (2002 – 2003)
- Group Auditor (1999 – 1999)
- Project Accountant (1998 – 1999)
- Business Accountant (1998 – 1999)
- Senior Internal Auditor (1993 – 1997)
- External Auditor (1989 – 1991).
Dhru areas of interest are corporate governance, audit and assurance, and internal audit.
- MSc Consultancy Project – liaising between PG students and small businesses in the region (2012 – 2015).
- Independent Examiner of Safer Living Foundation charity (2018 onwards)
- Liaison Officer between NTU and Loughborough College (2016 – 2019)
Course(s) I teach on