Dr Abubakre is a module leader for a variety of Information Systems Modules. Supervises Undergraduate and Postgraduate Research Projects.
Working title of thesis: The impact of social media on the balance of strategies within organisations.
Working title of thesis: The implications of organisational sensebreaking on actors’ construction of their cultural identity in the workplace.
Mumin has a PhD in Management Information Systems from the School of Business and Economics, Loughborough University.
Before joining NTU, Mumin was a Bought-in Teacher at School of Business and Economics, Loughborough University, teaching undergraduate and postgraduate modules related to information systems and strategy.
Further, Mumin has gained over three years of work experience as an IT professional within the banking and oil and gas sectors.
- Digital Economy, and the implications of Digital Innovation on Individuals, Businesses and Societies
- Social Implications of Information Technology Implementation & Use
- Editorial board Member: Journal Global of Information Technology Management.
- External Examiner (research programmes): PhD Degrees, University of South Africa.
- External Examiner (taught programmes): BA (Hons) Business Information Management, BA (Hons) Computing in Business, BA (Hons) Entrepreneurship & Business, Huddersfield Business School, University of Huddersfield, 2015 to date.
Sponsors and collaborators
National Research Foundation, Department of Science and Technology, Republic of South Africa
- Kwayu, S., Lal, B., Abubakre, M. (2017). Enhancing Competitiveness via Social Media – Strategy as a Practice Perspective, Information Systems Frontiers.
- Abubakre, M, Ravishankar, MN, Coombs, CR (2017). Revisiting the trajectory of IT implementation in organisations: An IT-Culture Conflict Perspective, Information Technology and people, 30(3): 562-579.
- Abubakre, M, Coombs, CR & Ravishankar, MN (2017). The Impact of Salient Cultural Practices on the outcome of IS Implementation, Journal of Global Information Management, 25(1).
- Abubakre, M, Ravishankar, MN & Coombs, CR (2015). The role of formal controls in facilitating IS diffusion, Information & Management, 52(5): 599-609.
- Kwayu, S., Lal, B. and Abubakre, M. (2016). Strategy reformation? materialization of social media in telecom industry. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Social Media: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, Cham: Springer International Publishing, (9844), pp. 31-41.
- Abubakre, M. (2016). Managing IT Offshoring Projects: An IT Governance Approach. In The Proceedings of the European Mediterranean & Middle Eastern Conference on Information Systems, (EMCIS), Krakow, Poland
- Abubakre, M., Coombs, C. & Ravishankar M.N. (2014) The influence of organizational culture on the outcome of an IS implementation. In The Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS), Auckland, New Zealand
- Abubakre, M. & David-West, O. (2014) Trust in Electronic Banking. In The Proceedings of the IADIS International Conference on Information Systems. Madrid, Spain
- Abubakre, M, Ravishankar, M.N., & Coombs, C. (2013) Achieving IT diffusion within the fragments: An IT culture perspective. In The Proceedings of the European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS), Utrecht, Netherlands. Nominee: Claudio Cibbora most innovative research paper award
- Abubakre, M., Coombs, C. & Ravishankar M.N. (2012) The role of subcultures in understanding the diffusion process of a management information system. European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS), (poster session), Barcelona, Spain
- Abubakre, M, Coombs, C, Jayawardhena, C (2011) The diffusion of management information systems in organizations - An organizational sub-culture perspective. In The Proceedings of the European Conference on Information Systems, (ECIS), Helsinki, Finland
- Abubakre, M., Crispin, C. & Jayawardhena, C. (2011) Information System Diffusion in Organizations – A Control Mechanism Perspective. In The Proceedings of the European Mediterranean & Middle Eastern Conference on Information Systems, (EMCIS), Athens, Greece
- Abubakre, M., Coombs, C., Jayawardhena, C. & Hunt, A. (2010) Learning the lessons from the developed world: e-banking security in Nigeria. In The Proceedings of the UK Association of Information Systems (UKAIS), Oxford, UK