Dr Chapple is an Associate Professor and a member of the Responsible and Sustainable Business Lab at Nottingham Business School.
Her research portfolio includes international comparative analysis of corporate responsibility, with various studies focusing on patterns and institutional drivers of corporate responsibility in Asia, OECD countries and developing countries. Systems of Governance in the developing country context is also another key element to her research portfolio. This assesses multilevel governance structures and how configurations of actors, tools and norms influence the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Of particular interests are the concepts of inclusive and relational governance. She was also part of a consortium which has recently completed a € 3.09 million European Union FP7 research project “Global Value” which assessed the CSR impact of multi-national companies and how “systems of governance” influence business behaviour. Prior to that she was representing Nottingham University in the €3 million European Union FP7 bid- “IMPACT”, which assessed the impact of CSR practices of companies.
She currently supervises undergraduate international business research projects, teaches transformational leadership on the MSc programme and teaches on the Values Led Organisation module on the OMBA. She also supervises students on the DBA programme at NBS.
Prior to joining NTU, Dr Chapple was an Associate Professor in Industrial Economics at Nottingham University Business School. Here she co-founded
The International Centre for Corporate Social Responsibility (ICCSR) where she was Deputy Director until October 2017.
- International Comparative Analysis of Corporate Social Responsibility;
- Systems of Governance in Developing Countries;
- Multilevel and Relational Governance;
- The Relationship between Corporate Social Performance and Impact;
- Organisational change and values;
- Values and Socially Responsible Investment.
Journal or Business Publication Editorship: Section Editor Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, Journal of Business Ethics. 2016-2017.
- BSc (Hons) Management, University of Exeter Business School, Exeter, UK 2017- 2021.
- MBA Programme External Examiner, University of Bath Bath, UK. 2011-2015.
- BA Management: Sustainability Module; UEA, Norwich UK, 2012-2015.
- External Examiner, Warwick Business School, Coventry, UK. 2012.
- PhD Durham Business School, Durham, UK, 2015.
Invited lectures / Keynote speeches
- November 2017: Invited speaker at the Gauteng Summit on Corruption, South Africa.
- November 2015: Keynote speaker at Responsible Business Week, Quito, Ecuador.
- April 2015: Keynote at “Corporate Social Responsibility: Connecting the Private Sector with the Media Conference”, Singapore.
- December 2014: Invited keynote at the Environment Ministry, Quito, Ecuador.
- December 2014: Invited keynote at “La Era De la Responsabilidad”, Cuenca, Equador.
- December 2014: Invited keynote at “Responsible Glocal Financing Forum”, Quito, Ecuador
- November 2014: Invited presentation INSEAD Singapore.
- November 2012: Invited keynote at InsideGov conference on social investment.
- April 2012: Invited speaker at Singapore Global Compact.
- April 2009: “CSR in times of Crisis” INSEAD, Singapore.
- September 2008: “The Influence of Varieties if Capitalism in Stakeholder Management Practices” at Durham University: 7th International Conference on Corporate Social Responsibility
- Jan 2008, Presentation in India at IIM Bangalore conference on CSR education
- June 2007: Core Conference, Milan “Variations of Corporate Social Responsibility across Varieties of Capitalism”
- April 2006: CSR in Asia Conference, Kuala Lumpur “ CSR in Asia: A Cross Country Comparison”
- March 2005: Imperial College. “The Implications of Waste Reduction: Factor Demand, Competitiveness and Policy Implications”.
- December 2004: Institute of Economics, Copenhagen University. “Estimating the Cost Implications of Waste Minimisation”.
Sponsors and collaborators
I collaborate with colleagues from:
- Nottingham University
- Copenhagen Business School
- Kings College London
- Kassel University
- Nottingham University Business School, Malaysia
- University of Leicester
- Portsmouth University
- OEKO Institute, Germany
- ASEAN CSR network: Based in Singapore
- Vienna University of Economics and Business
- CASS Business School
- Audencia Business School
- BRAC BAngladesh
- S2m Foundation Ecuador
- Business Impact
- Corporate Social Responsibility