Professor Susan Wallace is Emeritus Professor of Education at Nottingham Trent University. Formerly Professor of Continuing Education, her work at NTU has included mentoring early career researchers, supervising PhDs and Professional Doctorates and teaching across the range of Education programmes.
- Advisor 14-19 Education with Lincolnshire Local Authority in partnership with TVEI (1992 – 1996)
- Visiting Lecturer, University of Sheffield (1994 – 1996)
- Associate Lecturer, University of Nottingham (1994 – 1996)
- Head of Teacher Training and CPD at North Lincolnshire College (1990 – 1992)
Professor Wallace is currently involved in research into the motivation and behaviour of further education (FE) learners from 14 to 19 years old in collaboration with Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia; and in comparative research into the theories and practices of adult education in collaboration with (inter alia) the University of Ferrara, Italy, for which she has received funding from Italy to deliver lectures in Ferrara in the Autumn of 2015.
Previous research has focused largely on learner motivation and behaviour in FE.
- The Dictionary of Education (second edition). Wallace S, Oxford, Oxford University Press (forthcoming)
- When you're smiling: exploring how teachers motivate and engage learners in the further education sector. Wallace S, Journal of Further and Higher Education, 2014, 38 (3), 346-360
- Choosers or losers? Progression from school to lifelong learning in the UK. Wallace S, Annali della Didattica e della Formazione Docente, 2013, n5/2013
- Doing Research in Further Education. Wallace S, 2013, London, Sage
- Dial M for Mentor: Critical reflections on mentoring for coaches, educators and trainers. Gravells J and Wallace S, 2012, Chester, Critical Publishing.
- Coercion or Cooperation? Developing Teachers' Motivational Skills in the Vocational Education Sector. Wallace S, paper Presented To 8th International Conference On Education, Samos, July 2012
- Teaching, Tutoring and Training in the Lifelong Learning Sector Fourth Edition. Wallace S, Teaching, Tutoring And Training In The Lifelong Learning Sector Fourth Edition, 2011, Sage
- Joining the Goblins: Fictional Narratives and the Development of Student-teachers' Reflection on Practice in the Further Education Sector Wallace S, Education Action Research, 2010, 18 (4), 467-479
- Telling a Compelling Story: Managing Inclusion in Colleges of Further Education. Wallace S, Gravells J, Management in Education, 2008, 24 (3), 1-5
For full list click Go to Sue Wallace's publications link above.