I am currently a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in department of computing and technology at Nottingham Trent University (NTU), Nottingham, UK.
Before joining NTU, I was a Postdoctoral researcher in distributed and mobile systems research group at computer science department in Aalto University, Finland from 2017 until July 2019. I received my Ph.D from the school of electrical engineering and computer science at Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST), South Korea. I obtained my M.Sc and B.Sc both in computer engineering from respectively Azad University, South Tehran and Shahid Bahonar University of Kerman, Iran. My personal homepage can be found here.
My research is broadly in mathematical modelling and optimization for variety of research problems in modern computing and communication fields. I particularly work on system modelling and optimization for applications in mobile computing such as quality of experience (QoE) optimization and resource allocation for multimedia services in multi-access edge computing (MEC) environments, energy efficient mobile computing, vehicular fog computing (VFC), incentive mechanisms for critical Internet of Things (IoT) applications and vehicle-to-grid communications in smart grids.
- Mobile Computing: MEC-assisted solutions for QoE optimization and resource allocation in adaptive mobile video streaming over next generation of mobile networks, Efficient mechanisms for data collection in energy-harvesting wireless sensor networks using mobile sinks.
- Vehicular Fog Networking: Join video quality and latency optimization in edge-assisted vehicular networking applications, Collaborative content caching in vehicular fog computing.
- Energy Efficient Mobile Computing: Green MEC system by integrating the renewable energy sources into MEC infrastructures and joint optimization of clients QoE, fairness and grid energy consumption in multimedia streaming over next generation of mobile networks.
- Time-Sensitive IoT Applications: Crowdsourcing for efficient data time-critical data collection from IoT devices.
- Smart Grid Communications: MEC-assisted architecture for green electric vehicle (EV) to grid communication and the profit-aware solutions.
- Journal Reviewer:
IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing
ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks (TOSN)
IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting
ACM Transactions on Multimedia Computing, Communications, and Applications (TOMM)
IEEE Access, IEEE Wireless Communications Letters
Outstanding Reviewer, Elsevier Pervasive and Mobile Computing
Outstanding Reviewer, Elsevier Ad Hoc Networks
IEEE Vehicular Technology Magazine
Springer Annals of Telecommunications, MDPI Energies
- TPC Member:
IEEE Sensors 2017, IEEE Sensors 2018
IEEE ICC 2019, IEEE ICC 2020
- Associate Member of British Computer Society (BCS)
- Member of IEEE Computer and Communications Societies