Professor Saithna’s research in the department of Medical Technologies and Advanced Materials is focused on improving the outcomes of patients undergoing orthopaedic surgery.
Prior to NTU, Professor Saithna was an Honorary Senior Lecturer at the University of Liverpool where he is also currently a PhD and postdoctoral student supervisor.
Professor Saithna has active research projects in the following areas
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL)
- Anterolateral Ligament (ALL)
- Meniscal Tears
- MRI evaluation of knee injury
- FEA of knee ligament injury
- Arthrogenic Muscle Inhibition
- Outcomes of repair of partial rotator cuff tear: Tear completion and repair vs transtendinous procedures
- Horizontal stability of acromioclavicular joint (ACJ) reconstruction
- Outcomes of treatment for frozen shoulder (UK FROST Study)