Dr Ali Jwaid is a Lecturer/senior Lecturer at NTU’s School of Science and Technology, Computing and Technology Department where he leads and teaches a range of modules at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels:
- Systems Analysis and Design with professional Development.
- Project Group Design (IoT)
- Professional Development for Industry
- Professional Project Management
- Foundations of Computing (Programming - Python, Tech Stand, Web Design)
- Computer Networks
- Prof Development for Industry
- Understanding the IT Industry
- Embedded Systems BSc and MSc
- Communications Technology
- Network Design and Administration
- Systems Software
- Internet Technology.
- Research Methods MSc
- Digital Control (DSP) MSc
NTU research events
- Annual internal STAR conferences (2013-2016)
- Various research enhancement groups with NTU CPLD
- Various Teaching and Learning enhancement conferences and workshops Trent Institute for Learning and Teaching (TILT), NTU.
- School invites research presentations.
e.on challenge at NTU
Facilitator and Supervisor of a team in an e.on Competition to give suggestions in order to enhance the capacity building of the employees through teaching and training.
Prior to working at NTU, Dr Ali Jwaid was working in industrial sector. He has worked about four years as an engineering supervisor at Misurata Sea port – Misurata Free Zone Company.
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Health care
- Data Analysis
- Modelling, renewable energy
- STEM Pedagogical Development
A Reviewer at IEEE Transaction on Education Journal
Reviewer, TPC member and Steering committee member
- The 4th International Conference of Reliable Information and Communication Technology (IRICT 2019)
- The 3rd International Conference of Reliable Information and Communication Technology (IRICT 2018)
- 12th IEEE India International Conference (IEEE INDICON 2015).
- 2015 Environmental and Civil Engineering Technology International Conference (ENVICET'15).
- 2016 IEEE International Conference on Teaching and Learning in Education (ICTLE).
Interactive Technologies and Games (ITAG) Conference 2016, Health, Disability, and Education.
- Jwaid, A., Clark, S. & Ireson, G. (2014). Understanding best practices in control engineering education using the concept of TPACK. IEEE Integrated STEM Education Conference (ISEC).
- Alzain, A., Clark, S., Ireson, G., & Jwaid, A. (2018). Learning personalization based on learning style instruments. Advances in Science, Technology and Engineering Systems Journal (ASTESJ), 3(3), 108-115.
- Alzain, A, Clark, S., Ireson, G. & Jwaid, A. (2018) Learning Personalization Based on Learning Style instruments. Advances in Science, Technology and Engineering Systems Journal (ASTESJ). Vol. 3, No. 3, 108-115 (2018).
- Teyabeen, A., Akkari F. A. & Jwaid, A. (2018). Mathematical Modelling of Wind Turbine Power Curve, International Journal of Simulation: Systems, Science and Technology.
- Alzain, A, Clark, S., Ireson, G. & Jwaid, A. (2018). Adaptive education based on learning style: do learning style instruments precise enough? The International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Learning (iJET).
- Al-Shamma, N., & Jwaid, A. (2017). Intelligent systems and inflammatory bowel disease: Exploring the potential for outpatient support. In Computing Conference, 2017 (pp. 121-126). IEEE.
- Howedi, A. & Jwaid, A. (2016). Design and Implementation Prototype of a Smart House System at Low Cost and Multi-functional. Future Technology Conference, San Francisco. IEEE.
- Al-Shamma, N., & Jwaid, A. (2016). Exploring the Potential in Utilising Smartphones to Aid in the Treatment and Management of Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Future Technology Conference, San Francisco. IEEE.
- Alzain, A, Clark, S., Ireson, G & Jwaid, A. (2016). Learning Style Instruments and Impact of Content: A Qualitative Study. The World Congress on Sustainable Technologies (WCST), London IEEE.
- Zubair, A., Jwaid, A. & Salah, A. (2016). Analysing Denial of Service Attack Traffic Signature in IPv6 Local Network Using Correlation Inspection. Future Technology Conference, San Francisco. IEEE.
- Alzain, A, Clark, S., Ireson, G. & Jwaid, A. (2016). Study of the Reliability and Validity of the First Arabic Learning Styles Instrument (ALSI). The World Congress on Sustainable Technologies (WCST-2016) in London, UK. IEEE.
- Linn T., Jwaid, A & Clark S., (2017) Smart Glove for Visually Impaired. Computing Conference in London, , 2017 (pp. 1323-1329). IEEE.
- Teyabeen, A., Akkari F. A. & Jwaid, A. (2017). Comparison of Seven Numerical Methods for Estimating Weibull parameters for Wind Energy Applications, UKSim 19th International Conference on Modelling & Simulation (UKSim). IEEE.
- Teyabeen, A. & Jwaid, A. (2017). Sunshine Duration-Based Models for Predicting Global Solar Radiation, UKSim 19th International Conference on Modelling & Simulation (UKSim). IEEE.
- Teyabeen, A., Akkari F. A. & Jwaid, A. (2017). Power Curve Modelling for Wind Turbines, UKSim 19th International Conference on Modelling & Simulation (UKSim). IEEE.
- Alzain, A, Clark, S., Ireson, G. & Jwaid, A. (2017). Learning Style Instruments: Impactions of Content. The International Journal of Sustainable Energy Development (IJSED).
Course(s) I teach on