Andrew is a senior lecturer and module lead for the first year Forensic Process and the second year Legal Issues in the Criminal Justice System modules. He also lectures on the third year Drugs of Abuse and Advanced Crime Scene Investigation modules.
Andrew was a Detective Sergeant on the Nottinghamshire Police Serious and Organised Crime unit, and was the Substance Misuse and Training Officer for the force. He is an international and domestic drug expert for the Courts, and regularly comments on and provides evidence for drug cases in both this country and abroad, in the Netherlands in particular.
Andrew is a private consultant in relation to controlled substances and international and domestic drug trafficking, providing reports and testimony in this country and abroad. For more information view Andrew's website.
- Cocaine Trafficking and the Social Impact of Cocaine on UK Society. O’Hagan A and Poxon AJ, Forensic Research Criminology International Journal, 2016, 2 (2)
- An Examination into the Possibility of the UK being a Predominantly Cannabis Producing Nation and a Methodology of Cultivation Techniques. O’Hagan A and Parker A, Forensic Research and Criminology International Journal, 2016, 2 (2)
- Treading the Fine White Line: Cocaine Trafficking. Hagan A and McNicholl S, Forensic Research and Criminology International Journal, 2015, 1 (2)
- Bigger, Faster, Stronger! An Overview of Anabolic Androgenic Steroids and their Use and Impact on the Sport Industry. O’Hagan A and Walton H, Forensic Research and Criminology International Journal, 2015, 1 (3)
- Chasing the Dragon –An Overview of Heroin Trafficking. O’Hagan A and Carvetta CA, Forensic Research and Criminology International Journal, 2015, 1 (4)
- Domestic and international drug trafficking
- Expert witness procedures
- Providing evidence in the UK
Andrew was media-trained by the police service and has appeared on radio and television in relation to drug issues. He has also provided interviews for a number of local and national newspapers.