Dr Duo Li is a Senior Lecturer in Transport Systems.
He is the Module Leader for the Fundamentals of Transport Systems.
Duo Li received his PhD, M.S. and B.E. Degrees in Civil Engineering (Transportation) from the University of Auckland in 2015, the University of Queensland in 2011, and the Huazhong University of Science and Technology in 2010, respectively.
Before joining NTU, he had several academic and research positions inculding Research Associate at the University of Cambridge, Humboldt Research Fellow at the German Aerospace Center (DLR), and academic positions at the Chang`an University.
- Intelligent Transport System (ITS) optimization
- Microscopic and macroscopic transport modelling and simulation
- Data-driven traffic analytics and forecasting
- Autonomous, Connected, Electric and Shared (ACES) transport
- Deep learning: attention-based neural networks (e.g., Transformer-like architecture), Graph Neural Networks (GNNs) and Auto Machine Learning (AutoML)
- System optimization: deep reinforcement learning and model predictive control
- Modelling and simulation: city-wide transportation simulation, mathematical traffic model, and simulation-based evaluation of safety, efficiency and emissions
- Senior Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), 2020-present
- Charted Member, the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT), 2020-present
- Fellow, the World Economic Forum (WEF) Sustainable Tourism Council, 2020-present
- Academic Editor, Journal of Traffic and Transportation Engineering, 2020-present
- Editorial Board Member, International Journal of Sensors and Sensor Networks, 2020-present
- Guest Editor, SI on “Applications of AI Based Methods in Transportation Engineering” Sustainability, 2020
- Session Chair, Conference of the International Federation of Operational Research Societies (IFORS), 2020
- Technical Committee Member, World Transport Convention (WRC), 2017-present
- Technical Committee Member, International Conference of Transportation Infrastructure and Materials (TIM), 2016-2018
Course(s) I teach on