Kelly Whittingham is a Senior Technician in Analytical Chemistry, based in the Rosalind Franklin Building at Clifton.
Kelly prepares material and equipment for analytical laboratory sessions on the Chemistry and Forensic Science courses at the university. She also demonstrates analytical techniques and provides training for project students and staff members.
The techniques Kelly uses include:
- Gas chromatography mass spectrometry (GC-MS)
- Gas chromatography flame ionisation detection (GC-FID)
- High performance liquid chromatography (HPLC)
- Liquid chromatography mass spectrometry (LC-MS)
- Ultra high performance liquid chromatography quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometry (UPLC-QTOF-MS)
- Atomic absorption spectrometry (AAS)
- Inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (ICP-MS)