Dr Kevin Lee is a Senior Lecturer in Computing and Technology. He teaches Service-Centric and Cloud Computing (BSc), Group Design Project (MSc), Enterprise and Cloud Systems Management (MSc) and Fundamentals of Big Data and its Infrastructure (MSc). He is an active researcher and has published over 60 papers in the areas of Distributed Systems and Adaptive Systems.
Dr Lee received his BSc, MSc, and PhD from Lancaster University. He was previously a Research Associate at the University of Manchester in the UK, Postgraduate Research Fellow at University of Mannheim in Germany and Senior Lecturer at Murdoch University in Australia.
Dr Lee's research is in the area of Adaptive Distributed Systems, within the general area of Computer Science. His particular approach to this is to use 'Adaptive' or 'Active' techniques for supporting innovative Distributed Systems. He uses approaches from both the Autonomic and Artificial Intelligence community such as heuristics, mesh-adaptive search, combinatorial exchange and marketplaces, combined with the technologies of lightweight middleware, distributed systems, wireless sensor networks, Internet of Things and Cloud Computing.
Opportunities to carry out postgraduate research towards an MPhil/PhD exist and further information may be obtained from the NTU Graduate School.
Sponsors and collaborators
Dr Lee's research can be characterised as collaborative and interdisciplinary. He has built research collaborations with colleagues at Manchester University (UK), Lancaster University (UK), Information Sciences Institute (USA), University of Mannheim (Germany), Xian Jiatong-Liverpool University (China), University of Sao Paulo (Brazil), University of Leuven (Belgium) and Murdoch University (Australia).
- Experiences and issues for environmental engineering sensor network deployments. Lee K, Murray D, Goodfield D and Anda M, 6th IEEE International Conference on Digital Ecosystems Technologies (DEST), 18-20 June 2012, 1-6
- Utility functions for adaptively executing concurrent workflows. Lee K, Paton NW, Sakellariou R and Fernandes AAA, Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience, 2011, 23 (6), 646-666
- Extending sensor networks into the cloud using amazon web services. Lee K, Murray D, Hughes D and Joosen W, Networked Embedded Systems for Enterprise Applications (NESEA), 25-26 November 2010, 1-7
- System architecture directions for tangible cloud computing. Lee K and Hughes D, First ACIS International Symposium on Cryptography and Network Security, Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery, E-Commerce and its Applications and Embedded Systems (CDEE), 23-24 October 2010, 258-262
- Adaptive workflow processing and execution in pegasus. Lee K, Paton NW, Sakellariou R, Deelman E, Fernandes AAA and Mehta G, Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience, 2009, 21 (16)
- Utility driven adaptive workflow execution. Lee K, Paton NW, Sakellariou R and Fernandes AAA, Proceedings of the 2009 9th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster Computing and the Grid, IEEE Computer Society, 2009, 220-227
- A generic component model for building systems software. Coulson G, Blair G, Grace P, Taiani F, Joolia A, Lee K and Ueyama J, ACM Transactions on Computer Systems (TOCS), 2008, 26 (1), 1
- Supporting runtime reconfiguration on network processors. Lee K and Coulson G, Journal of Interconnection Networks, World Scientific Publishing Company, 2006, 7 (4)