Dr. Tao Chen is the module leader for Software Design and Implementation (BSc) and Software Engineering 2 (MSc).
He has broad research interests on Software Engineering, including but not limited to: Performance Engineering, Search-Based Software Engineering, Self-* Software Systems, Services Computing, Cloud Computing and Computational Intelligence.
Prior to Nottingham Trent University, Tao worked as a Research Fellow in the School of Computer Science at the University of Birmingham and prior to that, Tao worked as an industrial Software Engineer in London.
Dr. Tao Chen is a member of the following group:
Computational Intelligence and Applications Research Group (CIA)
He has board interest on Software Engineering, particularly in the interactions between Computational Intelligence (e.g., Natural Computation and Machine Learning etc) and Software Engineering, with special focus on engineering Self-Adaptive Software Systems, which refer to the special software systems that, when operate under dynamic and uncertainty, are able to adapt its configurations, structure and behaviours according to its perceptions about its own status and the environment at runtime. His work is related to exploiting and tailoring Computational Intelligence for understanding, improving and assessing the software engineering process as well as the runtime behaviors of the developed software systems, ranging from the domain of web applications to the cloud computing paradigm.
Editorial Board member for:
- Services Transactions on Internet of Things (STIOT)
PC member for:
- International Conference on Cognitive Computing, 2018
- IEEE International Congress on Internet of Things
- 2018 IEEE World Congress on Services
- 2018 Student Research Competition, ACM SIGAPP Symposium On Applied Computing, 2018
- Cooperative Systems Track, ACM SIGAPP Symposium On Applied Computing 2017
- IEEE World Congress on Services, 2017
- S2 International Conference on Internet of Things, 2016
- IEEE Services, Emerging Track: Big Data Software Engineering for Cloud, Edge Computing and Mobility, 2016
- IEEE International Conference on Services Computing, 2015
- European Conference on Software Architecture, 2015
- IEEE International Conference on Services Computing, 2014