Dr. Kazim is a qualified Medical Doctor. She did her degree in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Health Sciences (UHS), Pakistan in 2004. She has 18 years of dedicated service to Medical Profession and Medical Education. She is the Fellow of Higher Education Academy, UK (FHEA), and, effectively implemented learning and teaching strategy for excellent student experience and achievement. She has led a range of academic modules during her career. She made an effective contribution to the delivery of various modules starting from concrete planning, learning outcome-based curriculum design, preparation of an adequate digitally-inspired teaching material, setting up of labs and ordering of equipment for running laboratory practicals. Dr. Kazim has devised curriculums of Anatomy, Histology, Microbiology and Foundation Science. She has successfully taught in an integrated system of Medical Education and is well versed with Project, Problem and Practice-based learning. Currently, she is working in ‘Ecology and Environment Department’ of Biosciences. She has successfully contributed in the Level-6 modules of ‘Forensic Anthropology and Archaeology’, ‘Environmental Forensic Assessment’, ‘Evolutionary Biology and Genetics’ and Level-5 module of ‘Introduction to Specific Death Investigations’. She has a particular interest in conduction of different labs including Mock Crime Investigation Scenes, Grave excavations, Description and analysis of skeletal remains recovered from the graves, Succession of Insects on Carrion, Measurement of Regrowth of Nettle plants around the grave site, Greenhouse lab, Bone identification lab, Skeletal Analysis Report, Analysing the breeding strategy of Scolytus and Hylesinus, Dispersion of maggots from carrion etc.)
- Lecturer in the Biosciences Department at the School of Science and Technology, Nottingham Trent University, since August 2021.
- Senior Lecturer (Part time) in Biomedical and Sport Engineering, in the Department of Engineering at NTU for two years.
- Instructor/Associate Lecturer, Integrated System of Medical Education in Shifa College of Medicine/Shifa College of Medical Technology, Shifa Tameer-e-Millat University – STMU, Islamabad, Pakistan from 2009 to 2018.
- Medical Officer/House Officer (Gynaecology and Medicine), Federal Government Services Hospital, Islamabad, Pakistan from 2004 to 2008.
Member of Board of Studies, Shifa College of Medical Technology, STMU.
Certified Professional in Emergency Care and Basic Life Support.
Continuing Medical Education Certificate for Physicians.
Volunteering and impact related activities with Medical Aid Societies.
- Working for Polio Eradication Programme.
- Raising Blood donation activity to support Thalassaemic patients.
- Asad U, Rasheed S, Lughmani WA, Khalid A, Kazim T, Pannek J, Biomechanical Modelling of Human Robot Accident Scenarios in the Context of Smart Factory Setting, Applied Science – Under review.
- Kazim T, Khalid A, Choudhry RS, Iqbal J, Implementing Social Constructivism in Classroom: Cross disciplinary practices in Engineering and Medical Education, Teaching in Higher Education - Under review.