Dr Temi Alade is the Course Leader for the MSc Computer Science course at the Department of Computer Science. He is the MSc Research Project Coordinator and Module Leader for COMP40311 - Major Project (postgraduate masters project), SOFT20181 - Internet Application Programming (undergraduate second year module) and COMP40081 – Internet Programming (postgraduate module). He also supervises undergraduate and postgraduate research projects.
His Teaching interests are in the areas of
- Web Technologies
- Mobile Application Development
- Internet of Things
His Research interests are in the broad areas of
- Computing and Communication Systems
- Web and Mobile Systems
- Internet of Things
- Modelling and Performance Analysis of High-Capacity Mobile Communication Systems
Temi received the B.Sc. degree in Computer Science from the University of Ilorin, the M.Sc. degree in Mobile Computing from the University of Bradford, and the Ph.D. degree in Electronic Engineering from the University of Kent. He holds a Postgraduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education from the University of Keele and is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy. Prior to Temi's current appointment at Nottingham Trent University, he was a Senior Lecturer in Computing at Worcester Business School, Department of Computing, University of Worcester from September 2016 to May 2020, where he was the research excellence framework (REF) coordinator and Research Group Leader for the Applied Computing Research Group. From September 2015 to August 2016, he was a Teaching Fellow in Computing in the School of Computing and Mathematics at the University of Keele. From June 2012 to September 2015, he worked as a Post-Doctoral Research Associate and then as a Lecturer in Mobile Communication at the University of Kent. During this time, he was involved with 5G communications research using models, methods and tools for mobile communication systems.
Temi's research interests include modelling and analysis of computing and communication systems such as those found in web-based systems, mobile communication systems, mobile computing systems, internet of things (IoT), and their applications in every area of public life including, finance, healthcare, wireless networks, buildings, entertainment, and related industries. His research spans the whole spectrum from technical design, through algorithms to system development and performance evaluation.
Research Themes / MPhil / PhD Research Opportunities with Dr Temi Alade
His current research is grouped into the following themes:
- Web / Mobile Computing: – Development and evaluation of web-based / mobile systems for real-time monitoring and decision Making.
- IoT: – Modelling and evaluation of IoT systems that combines machine learning algorithms and data visualisation techniques for intelligent data gathering, processing and decision making.
- Mobile Systems: – Design and evaluation of workplace mobile learning systems using theoretical models of technology acceptance and use.
- Mobile and Wireless Communication: – Performance analysis of mobile communication systems - 5G and beyond, distributed antenna systems, distributed massive MIMO, small cells.
Dr Temi Alade is currently interested in supervising PhD students in the above areas, as well as other related research topics. PhD applicants are invited to contact him for an initial discussion when making an application to the NTU Doctoral School. Researchers should please feel free to contact him for collaborative research projects.
- Grant Reviewer and Panelist for UKRI-AHRI GCRF Cultures Behaviors and Histories of Agriculture Food and Nutrition (Jan 2020 - Present)
- Regular Reviewer for IEEE Transactions on Communication, Wireless Communications, Mobile Computing; Elsevier, and Wiley
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (HEA)
- Visiting Lecturer in Computing, External PhD Supervisor at Department of Computing, University of Worcester
- Member of Institute for Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
- Technical Program Committee Member - Web Chair, IEEE Wireless Communication and Networking Conference
- Technical Program Committee Member, IEEE Global Communication Conference (GLOBECOM)
Sponsors and collaborators
- Royal Academy of Engineering Travel Award, November 2019 at the University of Worcester.
- EU Horizon 2020 - Future Mobile Project, 2016 for the sum of €195,455.00 at the University of Kent.
- EU FP7 - User-centric Wireless Local-Loop (ULOOP) Project, 2012 for the sum of €375,000.00 at the University of Kent.
Abbas, W.B., Che, F., Ahmed, Q.Z., Khan, F.A. and Alade, T. (2021), Device Free Detection in Impulse Radio Ultrawide Bandwidth Systems. - Journal on the Science and Technology of Sensors (Sensors) 2021, 21, 3255. https:// doi.org/10.3390/s21093255
Alade, T., Welch, R. and Nichol, L. (2020), Using the Unified Theory of Acceptance and Use of Technology (UTAUT) Model to Determine Factors Affecting Mobile Learning Adoption in the Workplace: A Study of The Science Museum Group. - IADIS International Journal on Computer Science and Information Systems. Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 85-98, ISSN: 1646-3692.
Welch, Ruel, Alade, Temitope and Nichol, Lynn (2020), Mobile Learning Adoption at a Science Museum. In: Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing. Springer, London, pp. 726-745. ISBN 9783030522483
Alade, Temitope , Welch, Ruel, Robinson, Andrew and Nichol, Lynn (2020), Mobile Learning for Just-In-Time Knowledge Acquisition in a Workplace Environment. In: Proceedings - The 3rd International Conference on Information and Computer Technologies. IEEE, pp. 198-204. ISBN 978-172817283-5 (Best Presentation Award Received)
Alade, Temitope and Ahmed, Q.Z. (2019), Performance Comparison of Small Cell and Distributed Antenna Systems for In-Building Mobile Communications. IEEE Vehicular Technology Society. pp. 1-6. ISSN 2577-2465
Alade, Temitope and Wang, J. (2018) Indoor Distributed Antenna Systems for Multi-storey Buildings. IEEE Vehicular Technology Society. ISSN 0018-9545
Alade, Temitope, Zhu, H. and Wang, J. (2015) Uplink Spectral Efficiency Analysis of In-Building Distributed Antenna Systems. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 14 (7). pp. 4063-4074. ISSN 1536-1276See all of Temitope Alade's publications...