Christopher Leishman is the Strategic Partnership Manager for Professional & Public Services within Partnerships, Local Engagment and Commercial Services (PLECS).
Christopher works to grow external partnerships and collaborations with the University that deliver mutually beneficial outcomes across the areas of talent, skills, innovation and research & development.
- Develop and enhance mutually beneficial partnerships with employers and the University
- Utilise the University’s talent, estate, skills, expertise and research assets to address industry challenges
- Supporting local economic engagement and partnerships with key stakeholders in Nottingham, D2N2 and the wider Midlands.
- Development of commercial services for external organisations, building on the University’s academic expertise and facilities
- Development of the University Sector Plan for Professional and Public Services, clearly setting out the strategic approach for employer
- Engagement in line with the University’s Employer Engagement Action Plan, and articulating key sectoral challenges and opportunities
Prior to joining the University, Christopher was an Inward Investment & Business Expansion Specialist for Invest in Nottingham where he worked closely with all sizes of global FDi and UK inward investors in the financial, professional and digital technologies sectors – providing local market and industry intelligence, demographic research data, property solutions and connectivity with business networks.
Christopher also worked previously for Lloyds TSB, is PRINCE2 Practitioner qualified and holds an MA in Politics from the University of Glasgow where he was the president of a poliitical association and member of the Dialectic Society.
Christopher is a Committee Member for Nottingham Professional Services group, working to raise awareness of local business and development activity.