Max Bardwell is the Senior Business Development Manager for the Medical Technologies Innovation Facility (MTIF). His role focusses on the following responsibilities:
- Develop the MTIF commercial offering and enable companies, universities and academics to contract with MTIF to develop med-tech for the benefit of patients.
Before joining the MTIF in his current role Dr Max Bardwell joined NTU as part of the PLECS team focussing on strategic partnerships between NTU and commercial entities. Prior to this he was at the University of Nottingham working as the Research and Business Development manager for the GeoEnergy Research Centre (GERC). Working closely with the centre director he expanded the centres industrial engagement activity and was decisive in helping to secure the award of the £60m Energy Research Accelerator project. Before joining the University of Nottingham he worked as a business manager for UCL’s technology transfer company UCLB. At UCLB Max handled intellectual property for the Department of Medical Physics and Bioengineering; focusing mainly on novel medical imaging, diagnostic techniques and digital health. He also had a project management role helping to progress medical device projects towards achieving CE marking. Prior to working at UCL Max has worked in product development roles for almost his entire career, at a number of HEIs and spinouts. Designing and manufacturing components for mass spectrometers and their hyphenated techniques. Highlights include, a 400G impact resistant ionisation source for planetary penetrator missions, an atmosphere monitoring system for the UK’s next generation nuclear submarines and a self-contained tuberculosis diagnostic instrument for sub Saharan Africa. Max holds an MBA from the Open University and a degree and PhD from Nottingham Trent University.
- SHERIDAN, S., BARDWELL, M. W., MORSE, A. D. and MORGAN, G. H., 2012. A Carbon Nano Tube electron impact ionisation source for low-power, compact spacecraft mass spectrometers ADVANCES IN SPACE RESEARCH. 49(8), 1245-1252
- O'SULLIVAN, DENISE M., NICOARA, SIMONA C., MUTETWA, REGGIE, MUNGOFA, STANLEY, LEE, OONA Y-C., MINNIKIN, DAVID E., BARDWELL, MAX W., CORBETT, ELIZABETH L., MCNERNEY, RUTH and MORGAN, GERAINT H., 2012. Detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in Sputum by Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry of Methyl Mycocerosates Released by Thermochemolysis PLOS ONE. 7(3),
- BACAK, A., COOKE, M. C., BARDWELL, M. W., MCGILLEN, M. R., ARCHIBALD, A. T., HUEY, L. G., TANNER, D., UTEMBE, S. R., JENKIN, M. E., DERWENT, R. G., SHALLCROSS, D. E. and PERCIVAL, C. J., 2011. Kinetics of the HO2 + NO2 Reaction: On the impact of new gas-phase kinetic data for the formation of HO2NO2 on HOx, NOx and HO2NO2 levels in the troposphereATMOSPHERIC ENVIRONMENT. 45(35), 6414-6422
- SYMS, R. R. A., ZOU, H., BARDWELL, M. and SCHWAB, M-A, 2007. A microengineered alignment bench for a nanospray ionization source JOURNAL OF MICROMECHANICS AND MICROENGINEERING. 17(8), 1567-1574
- BACAK, A, BARDWELL, MW, RAVENTOS-DURAN, MT, PERCIVAL, CJ, HAMER, PD and SHALLCROSS, DE, 2006. Kinetics of the CH3O2+NO2 reaction: A temperature and pressure dependence study using chemical ionisation mass spectrometry CHEMICAL PHYSICS LETTERS. 419(1-3), 125-129
- REMOROV, RG and BARDWELL, MW, 2005. Model of uptake of OH radicals on nonreactive solids JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY B. 109(42), 20036-20043
- REMOROV, RG and BARDWELL, MW, 2005. Langmuir approach in the study of interface mass transfer SURFACE SCIENCE. 585(1-2), 59-65
- BARDWELL, MW, BACAK, A, RAVENTOS, MT, PERCIVAL, CJ, SANCHEZ-REYNA, G and SHALLCROSS, DE, 2005. Kinetics and mechanism of the C2H5O2+NOreaction: A temperature and pressure dependence study using chemical ionization mass spectrometry INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF CHEMICAL KINETICS. 37(4), 253-260
- SHALLCROSS, DE, RAVENTOS-DURAN, MT, BARDWELL, MW, BACAK, A, SOLMAN, Z and PERCIVAL, CJ, 2005. A semi-empirical correlation for the rate coefficients for cross- and self-reactions of peroxy radicals in the gas-phase ATMOSPHERIC ENVIRONMENT. 39(4), 763-771
- BACAK, A, BARDWELL, MW, RAVENTOS, MT, PERCIVAL, CJ, SANCHEZ-REYNA, G and SHALLCROSS, DE, 2004. Kinetics of the reaction of CH3O2+NO: A temperature and pressure dependence study with chemical ionization mass spectrometry JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY A. 108(48), 10681-10687
- BARDWELL, MW, BACAK, A, RAVENTOS, MT, PERCIVAL, CJ, SANCHEZ-REYNA, G and SHALLCROSS, DE, 2003. Kinetics of the HO2+NO reaction: A temperature and pressure dependence study using chemical ionisation mass spectrometry PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY CHEMICAL PHYSICS. 5(11), 2381-2385