As the Co-ordination and Compliance Officer for the Enabling Innovation project, Sasha’s role focuses on:
- Supporting project staff with the design and delivery of the project
- The design, development and ongoing review of the project processes
- Utilising a variety of technology to monitor the project delivery and outcomes
- Advising staff on ERDF compliance
- Training staff on the key requirements of the funding
- Inducting new staff to the project
- Building links with intermediary organisations to promote the project and the University’s other commercial services Supporting the Programme Manager with the strategy and overall running of the project.
Sasha has worked on public funded projects for the last 6 years. Her previous role was as a Monitoring Officer with the Invest to Grow programme at the University of Derby. This entailed supporting businesses with the evidential requirements to draw down grant and/or loan funding. She also visited the businesses, which were located across the East Midlands, as part of the monitoring requirements.
Prior to this, Sasha worked for the University of Derby on the Enterprise Inc and Let’s do business projects, both funded by the European Regional Development Fund. During her time here Sasha worked her way up from Admin Assistant to Co-ordinator and provided invaluable support to the Project Managers. She monitored the project finances and outputs and submitted quarterly reports to the Department of Communities and Local Government. She built up her knowledge of funding requirements as well understanding business needs and the changing economic landscape.
Sasha supports the delivery of the Enabling Innovation project that helps eligible businesses in the Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire area to access the University expertise to drive innovation and business growth.