Ashley has been a qualified social worker since 1988. She has worked part time as a tutor at NTU since 2009, supporting students undertaking the degree in Social Work.
Ashley worked in a Local Authority children and families team between 1988 and 1999. She then became a Guardian ad litem (Children’s Guardian) from 1999 – 2011.
Since 2011, Ashley has worked as an Independent social worker undertaking assessments for foster care, court and adoption. During this time, she has been a Practice Mentor Assessor for qualified social workers undertaking CPD courses and for newly qualified social workers (NQSW) undertaking the assessed and supported year in employment (ASYE).
Ashley has the following qualifications:
- BA (Hons) Applied Social Studies (1988)
- Certificate of Qualification in Social Work (1988)
- Diploma In Child Protection Studies and Advanced Award in Social Work (1997)
- MA in Child Protection Studies (1999)
- Practice Assessor Award (2007)
- Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Authority (2014)
Ashley continues to practice as a social worker, specialising in children and families, foster care and adoption. This includes being a member of a Local Authority foster panel and chairing reviews of foster carers for Independent Fostering Agencies.