Find information and guidance on how to register at a local GP practice, book an appointment with your GP and order repeat prescriptions online.
Register with a GP practice
Register with your local medical practice when you start university. Don't wait until you feel ill or need a repeat prescription.
The University practices provide services including:
- appointments with a doctor, practice nurse or health care assistant
- sexual health and contraception advice
- new patient and general health checks
- asthma checks
- blood pressure checks
- screening for sexually transmitted infections
- blood tests
- travel advice and immunisation
- breast examination advice
- stitch removal
- dietary advice
- employment and insurance medicals
- emergencies out of hours.
Student Health Centre – City Campus
The Student Health Centre is based on our City Campus and services are provided by Radford Medical Practice.Book an appointment at the Student Health Centre
Telephone: 0115 848 6481
Sunrise Medical Practice – Clifton Campus
Sunrise Medical Practice is located on our Clifton Campus in the Student Services Centre.Book an appointment at Sunrise Medical Practice
Call the surgery: 0115 848 3100
For students on our Brackenhurst Campus, we recommend registering with Southwell Medical Centre.Book an appointment at Southwell Medical Centre
Telephone: 01636 813 561
- Find your local GP through the NHS website.