The support we provide
The disability support team provide you with a range of services and support to ensure your experience at NTU is a positive one.
We are about more than just educational advice and guidance. We will support you, so you can:
- integrate and feel at home
- contribute to your community
- develop your academic potential
- prepare for life and work.
Our services include:
- advice from disability officers on physical and sensory support
- specialist mentoring and academic support: Tailored, one-to-one support to address the barriers to learning
- one-to-one support with a range of specific learning difficulties
- advice and one-to-one support with mental health difficulties
- mentoring and advice for students with autism spectrum conditions
- advice about specialist grants and paying for additional support
- in-house facilities to assess your learning support needs
- referrals to the careers advice
- support during exams.
Registered Interpreters (RIs) and Trainee Interpreters (TIs) provide translation and interpretation of spoken English into BSL.
Interpreters are booked through local agencies. If you will require support, please email or telephone us to arrange this.
See the physical and sensory support frequently asked questions for more information.
What if I'm not happy with the service?
Please talk to your support worker or the disability administrator in the first instance. If you would then like to make a formal complaint, please write to the Student Support Services (Disability Services) manager at the Student Services Centre at the City Campus. Contact us for further details.
Contact the Disability Support Service
- Telephone: +44 (0)115 848 2085