NTU travel scholarships
If you’re studying, working or volunteering abroad during your course you can apply for a scholarship funded by NTU and Santander Universities.
A scholarship can help with travel, accommodation and other costs.
We can offer £200 within Europe and £500 for the rest of the world.
Who can apply for a travel scholarship?
Fully-enrolled NTU undergraduate and postgraduate students travelling within the dates below. Students can only receive one Travel Bursary / Scholarship from NTU Global per academic year.
You are not eligible to apply if:
- you are a visiting / incoming exchange student
- you are receiving any other NTU funding for this overseas experience (Erasmus+ / RISE / funding from your School / NTU International Volunteering Scheme)
- if you graduate during or before your overseas experience
- if you have already departed for your overseas experience – awards cannot be made retrospectively.
International travel bursary
Apply for this if you are a UK undergraduate student in receipt of an NTU Bursary and/or have a combined household income of £25,000 or less (as assessed by Student Finance).
Your application will be reviewed as a priority.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis with the deadline date of 1 June.
International travel scholarship
Apply for this if:
- you are an undergraduate student and do not meet the eligibility criteria for the International Travel Bursary
- you are a postgraduate or a PhD student.
These scholarships are competitive and applications are open in two rounds (see below).
You will be notified of the outcome within 15 working days of the application deadline below.
We are unable to award all students who apply.
- Applications open from 1 October 2020 until 1 December 2020
- Mobility must end by 31 August 2021
- Applications open from 4 January 2021 until 9 May 2021
- Departure must be before 31 December 2021
What can be funded?
- A study, work or volunteering experience outside the UK.
- Exchange or study abroad schemes (semester or full-year).
- Work placements or internships abroad which relate to / will enhance your NTU course.
- Optional course trips or study visits.
- Volunteering activities which will enhance your NTU course (excluding students receiving funding for the NTU International Volunteering Scheme – see exclusions below). Please refer to the NTU Volunteering website before choosing your volunteering organisation.
- Language courses abroad.
- Summer schools or short courses.
- Conferences and exhibitions which relate to / will enhance your NTU course.
- A period of mobility which clearly advances the international experience of the student, and benefits his/her academic studies and personal and professional development, and this is made clear in their personal statement.
- Departure for travel must take place after 1st October 2020 and before 31st December 2021.
- NTU Course Leader or Personal Tutor supported and NTU approved.
- Travel (economy only), accommodation, subsistence and other necessary costs for an overseas visit.
If you are travelling overseas for your formal sandwich year placement you may be eligible for a ‘RISE Sandwich Placement Bursary’
If you are travelling overseas for formal unpaid work experience you may be eligible for a ‘RISE Work Experience Bursary’
If you qualify for, or are awarded, a RISE Bursary you are not eligible to apply for a Travel Bursary / Scholarship.
You are required to upload ‘proof of travel’ (flight ticket, accommodation booking, acceptance onto your experience etc.) and download, complete and upload, our ‘end of mobility report’ which looks at how your experience benefited you academically, personally and professionally. This report may be used to promote the travel scholarship scheme and international mobility to other students.
If you receive a Santander award you will be asked to submit a case study which will be shared with them.
Apply for a travel scholarship or bursary
You will need to submit information about your overseas experience and outline how the award and your overseas experience will benefit you academically, personally and professionally.
Please read the terms and conditions before applying.
If you have any questions please contact us via email or visit a Global Lounge.Apply now