Teacher Training - Placement Opportunities
Nottingham Trent University continues to have a thriving Initial Teacher Education (ITE) provision.
As we expand the routes to qualification which we offer, it is a priority to secure and expand the partnership. Many of our routes and qualifications will be relevant to your school/training setting, and we are extremely keen to work with you.
Our ITE postgraduate teaching courses cover all phases: early years, primary, secondary, and post-compulsory.
Our Commitment - If you decide to place one or more trainee teachers within your setting
The university will:
- Be responsible for delivering the university-based element of the course;
- Set assessment tasks for the university-based elements of the course;
- Pay the school/training setting a fee for each trainee placed in each professional practice **eligibility criteria applies
- Allocate university tutors for each trainee to make lesson observation visits and provide support for trainees placed in that school
- Fund and organise development and information meetings for mentors and co-ordinators
- Give partners access to NTU library and resources including journals and online resources.
Further Free CPD, access to facilities and training benefits will also apply for settings that offer ten or more placement opportunities per year **eligibility criteria applies
Playing Your Part
Partner schools/providers need to:
- Assign a named co-ordinator to take overall responsibility in the setting and be the main link with the university;
- Enable the trainee to experience the work that providers do across and beyond classrooms, in support of the university's programme;
- Supervise trainee activities and provide feedback;
- Have a leading responsibility for assessment of trainees’ work in relation to the Teachers’ Standards;
- Assign a mentor to oversee trainees’ work;
- Allocate weekly mentor sessions during the professional placement;
- Undertake formal observation of trainees’ work and provide written and oral feedback;
- Submit progress reports to the university;
- Attend university development and information meeting
Contact us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)115 848 4460