Study your college course at a university
Our exciting further education (FE) courses are a chance to learn beyond the classroom – college-level qualifications that build the confidence, independence, and knowledge that employers and universities will want to see. If you’re thinking about FE, there’s only two things you need to ask – what, and where?.
Further education - create your future
So what’s the plan, after your GCSEs?
There’s a whole world waiting for you. What it looks like is up to you.
Are you thinking of uni, in a couple of years? Maybe you want to get straight into the world of work, as soon as possible? Or perhaps you’re interested in something new – something you’ve always been passionate about, but never had the chance to study?
With further education (FE), they’re all options.
So why choose NTU?
- You’ll be a part of something special. Excellent teaching, passionate students, unique opportunities, and great results – our reputation speaks for itself.
- You’ll get the best of both worlds. The expertise of a major university, and the comforts of a friendly college. We’re big, we’re small, we’re local and we’re global – we’re everything you need us to be.
- You’ll find out who you can really be. If you bring passion and a plan, we’ll cover the rest. FE is your turn, on your terms – Brackenhurst and Confetti are places to get your dreams moving.
- We’ll open doors for you. Planning on uni? Our FE courses can lead straight into our degree courses. You’ll get a taste for the life here, which prepares you for higher education.
- We’re big on the practical stuff. You'll still have to study, of course, but you'll also be getting your hands dirty outside the classroom. What you learn has real-world value – at Nottingham Trent University (NTU), you learn by doing.
- Our world-class facilities will take your learning to the next level. From laboratories, to professional recording studios – you’ll work with the same industry-standard equipment that we use on our degree courses.
- We’re well-connected. We work with a wide range of organisations and businesses, both locally and nationally. Experience is key – placements, voluntary schemes and community projects will support your studies, and transform your CV.
What courses can I study?
- Interested in animal, land-based and science courses? Our suite of dynamic FE courses is based at Brackenhurst – follow the link to find out more.
- If media and the arts are more your thing, we have an exciting partnership with Confetti. Follow the link, to find out about award-winning teaching, and unbeatable industry connections.
What's the cost?
Nothing, if you’re a UK national, and aged 16-18. Check out the Fees & Funding section of our course pages – you’ll find details of the bursaries, government schemes and initiatives that can support you during your studies.
How can I apply for an FE course at NTU?
It couldn’t be simpler. Just find the course that you’re interested in, and we’ll walk you through it in the How to Apply section.
Further Education (FE) at Brackenhurst – animal, land-based and land science courses
A 200-hectare living classroom, with world-class facilities, and a dedicated support team – welcome to Brackenhurst.
Our FE courses are a hands-on academic experience, unlike any other. We’ll get you out of the classroom, and into nature – it’s real-world learning, on a whole new level.
Our Diplomas and Extended Diplomas range from Level 2, Level 3 and Access to Higher Education. These qualifications could take you on to uni, or into the job of your dreams – the choice is all yours.
FE at Brackenhurst – our courses
We run courses in:
Level 2 courses
Level 3 courses
- Agriculture, Extended Diploma
- Animal Management, Extended Diploma
- Applied Science, Extended Diploma
- Horse Management, Extended Diploma
- Land and Wildlife Management Extended Diploma
Access to Higher Education courses
FE at Brackenhurst – your learning experience
Animals, conservation, agriculture and science – it’s what we do. Great facilities and quality teaching come as standard – it’s the range of opportunities that make us a little bit different. As an FE student at NTU, you can count on:
- the chance to build experience and put your skills to the test, on a work placement.
- courses that are delivered as direct pathways into NTU degrees – you can start your journey into higher education right now.
- visits from a range of guest speakers, who’ll bring a new dimension to your learning. These have included Mary King MBE, the Olympic showjumper and silver medallist, and the BBC’s James Wong.
Our facilities – your opportunities
- We’re big on learning outdoors, but there’s plenty to do inside. We’ve got a £2.75m EcoLibrary, and a glasshouse complex, which simulates climates around the world. And if you need to relax, there’s cafes, shops, and sports pitches.
- Our animal unit contains over 150 animals, from 40 species. That’s everything from reptiles to goats, and dogs to donkeys.
- We love horses! Brush up on your riding skills in our Equestrian Centre, and floodlit outdoor arena. We’ve also got a 65-capacity stable complex.
- Did we mention that our courses are hands-on? On the Agriculture Extended Diploma, you’ll be getting to grips with our fleet of tractors. We also run workshops, where you can work on a wide range of farming machines.
Get yourself noticed
The comforts of a college, and the expertise of a university – that’s FE at NTU. Our links to industry will put you in the spotlight – we’re a space to be heard, and a place to be seen.
Our FE students are passionate about what they do – they develop projects, enter competitions, and win awards. Most importantly, they’re noticed. We encourage you to innovate, and we hold an annual awards ceremony at Southwell Minster to celebrate your achievements.
It’s a day for you, your friends, and your family. Who knows who else might be there?
Interested? Come and visit us at Brackenhurst!
You can explore, talk to us, and ask your own questions. We hold open days for our FE courses all through the year – book onto an event, and experience the beauty of Brack for yourself.
You can also call us on +44 (0)1636 817099, or email the Brackenhurst Events Team for details.
So get in touch – we’re looking forward to meeting you.
Further education (FE) at NTU – working with Confetti Institute of Creative Technologies
Fancy yourself as a producer, a performer, or a video game designer?
With NTU, you’re in good hands – we’re the home of creative people, and big ideas.
Our partnership with Confetti is one of the most exciting in the UK. Study on one of our FE courses, and you’ll get the best of both worlds – top teaching and incredible industry links, plus the support and perspectives of a major university.
We’re all about ‘doing it for real’, so you’ll be guaranteed a hands-on learning experience. Why just study media, when you could help to run a television channel? Notts TV, Spool Films, Denizen Records – they’re all ideas that were designed, developed and delivered by Confetti students. And those ideas keep on coming.
You’ll learn by doing. You’ll meet famous actors, DJs, and MOBO award-winners, who’ll share the secrets of their success.
If you want to get ahead in the creative arts, NTU’s FE courses aren’t just a choice – they’re the choice.
FE at Confetti – our courses
Our exciting range of BTEC courses covers everything from Fashion, to Digital Media. Get to grips with 3D modelling, design your own virtual worlds, or record your own EP – anything’s possible with our industry-standard tools, and expert teaching.
Our suite of FE courses includes:
- Introduction to Creative Industries
- Digital Media - Level 2
- Graphic & Digital Design - Level 3
- Games - Level 2
- Games Technology - Level 3
- Game Art - Level 3
- Music Technology - Level 2
- Technical Events - Level 3
- Urban & Electronic - Level 3
- Studio & Live Sound - Level 3
- Music Technology & Performance - Level 2
- Music Performance & Songwriting - Level 3
- Acting & Film Production - Level 3
- TV & Film Production - Level 3
- Visual Effects & Animation - Level 3
FE at Confetti – your learning experience
Great teaching, professional equipment, unrivalled industry links, and one-off opportunities – what’s not to like?
We don’t just support you with the hands-on stuff – our student services include:
- help with study skills and any other support needs
- information, advice and guidance on job-hunting
- a one-to-one mentoring programme
- confidential guidance and support, whenever you need it
- a wide range of social activities, to help you meet new people, and make the most of your time with us.
Our college-level courses are based on industry trends. That means that you’ll get the best, most relevant, and most inspiring education in creative industries – a dynamic market that’s worth over £71 billion per year to the UK economy. Make your own mark with Confetti and NTU – either by progressing on to one of our foundation degrees, or by leaving us confident, job-ready, and full of ideas.
Get yourself noticed
At our Industry Week, you’ll meet big players from across the creative arts – Joe Dempsie (Game of Thrones), Mistajam (Radio 1Extra), and Professor Green are just some of the names who’ve come along to share their experiences. Glastonbury founder Michael Eavis has given advice on event planning – the Call of Duty team have offered technical tips on game design.
Whatever your interests might be, Industry Week is the ultimate student experience – an opportunity to learn from people on the same journey as you.
Interested? Come and visit us at Confetti!
You can explore, talk to us, and ask your own questions. We hold open days for our FE courses all through the year – reserve your place, and experience our excellent facilities for yourself.
You can also call us on +44 (0)115 9932321, or email Confetti for details.
So get in touch – we’re looking forward to meeting you.