This intensive short course covers the importance of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) in food manufacturing. Learners who pass their course examinations will achieve a Level 4 Award in HACCP Management for Food Manufacturing accredited by the RSPH.
This course is ideal for senior supervisors and managers working within the food manufacturing industry.
The cost includes all tuition, course materials, examination fees and lunches/refreshments.
Contact our Food short course team for further information on:
Tel: 0115 8486644
We are a Royal Society for the Public Health (RSPH) approved training centre.
What you'll study
On this course you will learn about the:
- Importance of HACCP based food safety management systems
- Development of HACCP based procedures
- Management and implementation of HACCP based procedures
- Evaluation of HACCP based procedures
How you’re taught
5 days attendance is required to complete this course which includes the examination day.
Please note that revision time during the evenings outside of this short course delivery times will need to be allowed for due to the intensive nature of this course.
The examination consists of two papers; Paper 1 is to be completed in 2 hours, answering six questions from a choice of eight followed by Paper 2 which is in the form of a case study to be completed in 90 minutes.
To successfully achieve this qualification, delegates must be able to:
- Explain the importance of HACCP based food safety management systems:
- Explain the HACCP approach to food safety procedures
- Review legislation relating to HACCP
- Review the development of the HACCP based procedures:
- Explain the prerequisites for HACCP
- Analyse food production processes including use of end product
- Produce process flow diagrams
- Carry out hazards analysis and risk assessment in the production process
- Determine critical control points, critical limits and corrective actions
- Discuss the management and implementation of HACCP based procedures:
- Discuss the allocation of responsibilities and resources
- Explain the importance of effective communication
- Develop the HACCP team & Identify staff training needs
- Evaluate HACCP based procedures:
- Explain documentation and record keeping procedures
- Discuss the verification and review of procedures
Candidates must achieve a score 50% or above in both papers to pass this examination.
Candidates who achieve 80% or more in both papers will be awarded a distinction.
This course is aimed at learners who already have a knowledge of food hygiene and safety equivalent to Level 3 Award in Food Safety. Delegates should also have a working knowledge of HACCP in their workplace.
How to apply
Please contact us for future dates or bespoke requirements:
Tel: 0115 8486644
Please read our notes on the University's commitment to delivering the educational services advertised.
Fees and funding
Fees for this short course: £1275 +VAT
Please note that we accept payment by credit card through our online store or alternatively please contact us to arrange payment by invoice instead.