This one year top-up degree will equip you with the knowledge of business theory and with the core management skills to successfully engage with a globalized and ever-changing business environment.
This course focuses on regional and global business environments and provides an international perspective in functions such as marketing, operations, management and leadership. It also gives you the opportunity to study a foreign language putting you ahead of majority of your graduate peers.
This course is only available for students from specific international partner institutions whose curriculum has been previously approved by Nottingham Business School.
If you successfully complete the course, you will receive a Bachelor of Arts (Hons) degree in International Business and Management.
For details of the partner institutions please contact us.
What you'll study
The course begins in September. Take a look at the academic calendar for term dates. The academic calendar will apply throughout your course, aside your placement year (if you have chosen to undertake one).
- Global Business in a Changing World
- International strategic Management
- Leadership and Employability
- Research Project
You will pick two out of the below options:
- Business English or Other Language
- Comparative International Management
- Investment Portfolio Management
- International Development Economics
- Global Supply Chain Strategy
- International Marketing and Communications
You will also study a core module supporting your study skills. This module bears no credit points.
- Business Information Communication and Learning
How you’re taught
How will I learn?
We use a mixture of interactive teaching methods including traditional lectures and seminars, IT workshops, guest lectures, problem-based learning and group discussions and presentations.
How will I be assessed?
Each module on the course is assessed in a variety of ways, including written examinations, reports, essays, group work, presentations, and research projects.
Careers and employability
Many graduates of the BA (Hons) International Business Management (Top Up) enter employment at a junior managerial level in the UK or overseas. The positions they have obtained have been in functional areas such as finance, treasury, marketing, public relations, personnel, or logistics of corporations whose activities have an 'international' character.
Other opportunities exist with consultancy companies; media companies; industry bodies; governmental departments and international authorities, including those involved in trade facilitation, diplomatic and foreign affairs, economic research, international relations, and national promotional activities. Strong academic foundations and international know-how combine to make attractive graduates with excellent all-round prospects.
We offer a range of support to help you achieve a successful career:
Annual Placement and Recruitment fair
Open to all Business students, our annual Placement and Recruitment Fair brings local, national and international companies and students together.
Dedicated employability support
The University provides personalised and specialist career advice via our Employability Team. The School also has a dedicated career consultant, who will offer support unique to you and your studies throughout your time at NTU. Our tailored advice can help you plan the steps you need to take to maximise your potential.
Through this service the University can match you with an employer who will support you to develop graduate attributes, gain industry sector insight and develop your network.
Student membership of the Institute of Directors (IOD)
The IOD works with NTU to provide a programme that offers you unprecedented access to some of the most senior company heads in the UK as mentors, potential employers and even investors in start-up businesses.
This course does not currently offer placements.
In order for you to be eligible for this programme, you must meet the following entry requirements.
- Currently enrolled on one of the eligible pathway programmes at your home institution.
- Completed the equivalent of 240 UK credit points (120 ECTS credits).
- An IELTS score of 6.5 overall with no marks under 5.5.
- Filled and returned our application form by 30 May 2016.
How to apply
- You will need to register your interest to your home International Coordinator that you wish to study with us, who will then nominate you before our deadline of 30 April.
- After you have been nominated the International Coordinator at Nottingham Business School will contact you directly with an email containing information on studying at NTU and your application form.
- You will need to ensure you complete and return the application form to NBS before the deadline of 30 May, you will also need to include a scanned copy of your passport, transcripts and proof of English proficiency (if you wish to secure NTU accommodation please submit your completed application form by 1 February).
- After NBS have received your completed application file and it has been approved by the NBS course leader, we will send you confirmation of your place including your NTU Student ID number.
This course is only available for students from specified partner institutions to come to Nottingham Business School for a year and receive a Bachelor of Arts (Hons) degree in International Business and Management.
Please read our notes on the University's commitment to delivering the educational services advertised.
Further information on how to apply
Fees and funding
For details on course fees and any funding available please visit our fees and funding page for further information and any additional support.While we aim to keep any extra study costs to a minimum, please see our page on additional costs and optional extras to find out about any additional expenses you may incur on your course.