Our very latest building, the Interdisciplinary Science and Technology Centre (ISTeC).
This impressive facility is the result of a £13m investment from the government and NTU in recognition of the importance of STEM teaching. The building will contain state-of-the-art laboratories for teaching, and this is where engineering practical and workshop sessions will initially be held. All lecture theatres and teaching and learning spaces will be equipped with the latest IT and Wi-Fi technology.
"This investment will mean world-class teaching facilities to build tomorrow's skilled workforce."
Vince Cable, former Secretary of State, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
Focused on research and teaching, the ISTeC building will bring together collaborators such as students, researchers, staff and businesses for project-based work and its application to the real-world.
Split over three floors, there will be facilities for:
- chemistry, physics and bioscience labs
- Robot arena to use humanoid robots
- sport labs for biochemistry, exercise and, food and nutrition testing for cognitive function post exercise
- specialist computing labs including networking, security and forensics, games, data science and high performance computing
- containment bioscience labs
- IT labs and IT resource areas
- Subject area: Sciences including sport sciences
- Category: Learning tools and spaces; Science including labs; Teaching facilities
- Location: Clifton Campus