Science and technology placements
Competition for graduate jobs is fierce so the more you can make your CV stand out the better. A sandwich placement is incredibly beneficial to your career and we are one of a few universities in the UK to offer work placements at both undergraduate and postgraduate level.
Why do a work placement?
Here are just some of the benefits you can expect from a successful placement:
- enhance the skills that employers are looking for
- earn a salary
- gain professional work experience in your field
- demonstrate that you are ready for the world of work
- test out your career options. Is the job what you expected?
- possibly secure a job with your placement company
- gain an additional qualification - Diploma in Professional Practice. In order to gain this award, you will need to write a placement diary and report, and, at the end of your placement, prepare and deliver a presentation to course staff.
Types of placements
NTU is in the top ten universities in the UK for the number of students taking year-long work placements.