The staff are really friendly, approachable and supportive.
More about Ammar
Thesis title: Development of Sustainability Management System for petroleum industry
Ammar is a PhD student in the School of Architecture, Design and the Built Environment. Ammar's research aims to investigate the sustainability problems associated with petroleum industry to develop a Sustainability Management System to enhance sustainability performance of petroleum companies.
Ammar's research interests lie in:
- Advanced design and manufacturing engineering
- Sustainability and energy management
- Mechanical design
- Life Cycle Assessments (LCA) and Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
- Engineering and operational management
- Advanced manufacturing technology, lean manufacturing, quality control and engineering management.
- Professional Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
- Master's of science (MSc) in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
- BEng (honours) in Mechanical Engineering
- Higher National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (HND).
In addition to being a PhD researcher, Ammar is a part-time lecturer on the BSc (Hons) Product Design course. Ammar also supervises final year BSc (hons) product design projects and lectures on the Design Practice 1 module. Ammar has been teaching since February 2010 at Derby College Engineering Academy as a Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering Lecturer.
- Member of the Institute of Learning
- Associate member of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE)
- Member of organising / international committee of the 5th International conference on Advanced Design and Manufacture, 25-28 September 2013, Valencia, Spain.
- Part-time lecturer (Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering) Derby College, Derby, UK.
- Derby Award in leadership and management from Institute of Leadership and Management.
Director of Studies
Research groups / centres and projects