The Research Pathway Scholarship - School of Arts and Humanities
The School of Arts and Humanities will be offering a number of full fee scholarships for students who have been offered a place to study on an eligible course which starts in September 2021. Eligible courses are as follows:
- MA History
- MA Museum and Heritage Development
- MA Holocaust and Genocide (by research)
- MA Media and Globalisation
- MA Creative Writing
- MRes English Literacy Research
- MA Linguistics (by research)
- MA Philosophy (by research)
Nature of the scholarship
These prestigious scholarships are available to UK students only.
These scholarships will be awarded to those candidates who most closely meet the criteria for the award which are provided below.
The scholarship decision will be made by an awarding committee and all decisions of that awarding committee are final.
The scholarship will be available in the form of a full tuition fee reduction, and if you are awarded a scholarship your fee will be adjusted before enrolment.
Applications must consist of a fully completed scholarship application form, which includes a statement that directly addresses
the criteria set out.
The awarding committee reserve the right to exclude from consideration any applications that include written statements which exceed the stated word limit or are incomplete.
- Must have an offer on an eligible postgraduate course within the School of Arts & Humanities
- Be a UK applicant for fee paying purposes
Deadlines for applying
Applications received after 16:00 GMT (4pm) on the day of the deadline will not be considered.
Timings are in GMT:
Course start date
Deadline for scholarship application
30 July 2021 at 4 pm (final deadline)
Terms and conditions for the Research Pathway Scholarship
- To be eligible for consideration for a UK scholarship, applicants must have been offered a place on an eligible course and be classed as an UK student for tuition fee purposes.
- Please do not send your scholarship application before or with your application to study at NTU. You must have received an offer of a place on an eligible course with NTU before submitting your scholarship application.
- This scholarship is open to UK applicants only. Please visit www.ntu.ac.uk/international/scholarships-and-fees/scholarships for further information on scholarships for International students.
- Students who receive sponsorship (i.e. some or all of your tuition fees are being paid) by their employers, government or a funding body are not eligible to apply for this scholarship award.
- Applicants may only apply for a scholarship once per academic year per offer of a place on a qualifying course.
- Applicants are only eligible to apply for a scholarship if they are due to enrol on the first year of a course in September 2021.
- Applicants must be a UK student starting a new postgraduate course. NTU cannot consider applications from students who are currently studying at NTU unless progressing onto a new postgraduate course.
- Applications received after 16:00 GMT (4 pm) on the day of the deadline will not be considered.
- This application form is for eligible postgraduate taught master’s courses only. Please do not use this form to apply for research funding.
- The scholarship will be awarded as a full tuition fee reduction. If you are awarded a scholarship, your fee will be adjusted before you enrol. If you are a part-time student, your fee will be adjusted proportionally at the start of each academic year.
- If you have been made an offer of a place to study on a one year full-time or two year part-time postgraduate Masters course, or a two year full-time postgraduate Masters course which incorporates a year-long work placement and you are awarded any other scholarship, bursary and / or fee reduction from the University in addition to the Postgraduate Masters scholarship, the maximum amount awarded will not exceed half the tuition fee, with the exception of candidates who are awarded a full-fee scholarship or Sport Scholarship.
- The scholarship is not transferable and will not be awarded if you choose to defer your entry to a different start date, or if you choose to transfer to a different course at the University. Students must re-apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants will be informed whether they have (or have not) been awarded a scholarship (and of the value of the scholarship award if they have been awarded) within four weeks of the application deadline dates.
- The scholarship will be awarded when an applicant accepts their scholarship offer, accepts and meets the conditions of their course offer, and are eligible to enrol on the course. If you do not formally accept the scholarship within the deadline when requested, then the University reserves the right to withdraw the scholarship and award the scholarship to another candidate.
- Scholarships are competitive, and selection is based on the information provided on the scholarship application form. It is, therefore, of great importance that you give your scholarship statement careful thought and preparation, and that you refer to the criteria provided.
- If your scholarship application is successful, we may ask you to become a student ambassador, or appear in online and / or printed marketing materials for the University. For example, providing a student profile and a photograph which may be used to promote the University and the University’s scholarship schemes and courses. Your name and course will be printed in the Scholarships Awards Celebration Programme. If you do not wish for us to use your data in this manner, please notify us as soon as possible by emailing NTU.firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the event that a student who has been awarded a scholarship fails to complete an eligible course or withdraws from the course and chooses to retake the course or undertake another eligible course then the scholarship will not be applied again, regardless of the reason for doing so. Students must re-apply for the scholarship.
- Should a student withdraw from their course whilst owing a proportion of their tuition fees to NTU, application of the scholarship shall be at the discretion of NTU and the scholarship may be withdrawn.
- The University’s decision in all matters relating to the scholarship is final.