Work hard, play hard – sport at NTU
Sport is a huge part of the NTU experience, and we’re encouraging you to get involved – whether you’re an elite competitor, or just looking to try something new. Make friends, have fun, and find a new challenge – turn your potential into performance, and be a better you!
There’s something for everyone, so get involved
You don’t need to be an expert – whether it’s cheerleading, water-skiing, dodgeball or ice hockey, everyone starts somewhere. Make that somewhere NTU. Our range of classes, clubs, beginner and social sport programmes and intramural leagues offer something for everyone, at every level. You may be looking to channel your competitive streak, or you might just want to blow off steam between lectures. Whatever the plan, we’re ready when you are.
Check out the NTU Sport website to find more information on:
- Sports clubs
- Sport scholarships
- Beginner and social sport
- Intramural leagues
- Membership and facilities
- Sport volunteering
Great facilities, at your fingertips (and feet)
Whichever Campus you’re based at, you’ll have great facilities on your doorstep. You can count on world-class equipment, plus the enthusiasm, support, and expertise of NTU Sport’s dedicated team.
- two huge multi-purpose sports halls
- a 65-station gym, with cutting-edge fitness and conditioning equipment
- three brand new glass-backed squash courts
- floodlit Astroturf and 3G pitches, for football and hockey
- a fitness suite
- a mirrored dance studio
- a brand new clubhouse with viewing terrace, social area and changing rooms.
- a purpose-built High Performance Centre, aiding athletic development
- a Sports Science Laboratory, and Sports Therapy Clinic
- a Nutrition Centre, providing dietary advice and guidance for NTU's athletes.
- and coming soon in Autumn 2016 – a brand new state of the art indoor tennis centre.
Studying at the City Campus? In our brand new Students’ Union building, you'll find:
- a dynamic sports hall, built to Sport England’s own high standards
- high-end indoor pitches and courts
- a 100-station fitness suite
- a dance studio
- a 30ft climbing wall
- Sports Therapy Clinic
Looking to blow away the cobwebs with some fresh air? Our Brackenhurst Campus features an equestrian centre and stables, plus a range of outdoor sports pitches.
Sporting excellence at NTU
Nottingham Trent University provides an environment in which talented student athletes can achieve academic and sporting success while studying at the University.
The scholarship programme combines high quality performance support services with outstanding facilities that enable the support of elite athletes from a range of sports.
NTU is a recognised provider of support services for elite athletes and has a longstanding working relationship with the Talented Athlete Scholarship Scheme (TASS). Since 2014 NTU is a TASS Accredited Centre (TAC) and we are proud to be able to support elite athletes throughout the East Midlands, in a wide variety of sporting disciplines.
We’re leading the way in performance sport, and attracting some of the nation’s top talents – our recent graduates have included international rugby and hockey players, professional footballers, world-champion rowers, and seven Olympic medallists.
We’re committed to delivering an athlete-centred learning experience, and developing the University’s reputation for sporting excellence. Every year, NTU awards athletic scholarships across a wide range of sports – with state-of-the-art facilities, expert training, and competition programmes at home and abroad, it’s a chance for you to learn and compete with the very best.
To find out more about our prestigious scholarship awards, visit the NTU Sport page.