Lost passport or biometric residence permit

If you have lost your passport or biometric residence permit in the UK or abroad we can advise on what to do.

Your passport and UK visa (the printed vignette in your passport or Biometric Residence Permit) are very important documents. They are a form of identification, proof of your immigration permission to be in the UK and they allow you to travel into and out of the country.

If your passport containing your UK visa and/or your Biometric Residence permit are lost or stolen, there are specific procedures you must follow to get them replaced. These vary according to which documents have been lost/stolen and whether they went missing in the UK or overseas.

We are able to assist students whose passports/BRPs have been lost or stolen in the UK and overseas.

Please refer to our Lost BRP / Passport guidance note for advice on this matter and contact us if you require further assistance.

  • Last updated: 24/09/2020