Virtual exchange opportunities
Find out about upcoming virtual summer school opportunities.
EDU Africa - make Africa your classroom
EDU Africa aims to promote the process of student transformation via the unique context of Africa to help you broaden your intellectual horizons and grow personally, cross-culturally, professionally, and as global citizens. As part of Global Week, Edu Africa are running two exciting sessions for you.
Approximately one hour of independent work is required before and during the sessions.
Global Legacies of Racial Injustice
Monday 26 and Wednesday 28 April from 2 - 3.30pm.
Explore the colonization, colonialism and anti-colonial movements which are key parts of Africa’s past and present. Identify instances of racial injustice in local and global contexts (past and present) and devise ways to overcome them.
Environmental Justice: Green Spaces as a Human Right
Thursday 29 and Friday 30 April from 2 - 3.30pm.
Work on case studies of Environmental injustice in South and East Africa and engage with local organisations working to protect natural habitats and create healthier living environments. Define environmental justice in the African context and explore examples of African solutions.
Ready to apply?
These sessions are open to all NTU students with an interest in the themes covered. Students can only apply for one session and must be able to commit fully to both parts of the session. Participation in these sessions will count towards our Global Employability Award.
You can also visit the Global Week webpage for more information.
The application deadline is Thursday 22 April 2021.
Santander Virtual Summer Schools Scholarship
NTU Global and Santander Universities are offering scholarship awards to NTU students. They're worth up to £500 towards attending a virtual summer school this June, July or August.
In this time of restricted travel virtual summer schools are a great way to:
- meet students from around the world
- enhance your NTU studies
- develop your cross-communication skills
- improve your collaboration skills.
And all without leaving your house!
To help you take part in an online summer school course, this scholarship will award you up to £500. This is to go towards paying the tuition fee.
Below are lots of online summer schools offered by our partner universities. You can also research your own summer school.
How to apply
- a link to the summer school you wish to apply for, and
- the fee of the course.
2. You'll be notified of the outcome of your application within 15 days of applying.
- proof you've been accepted onto your chosen summer school course, and
- a completed bank transfer form.
4. Once we have your email, we'll forward your completed bank transfer form to our Finance team. They'll handle the payment.
Requirements of the scholarship*
1. You'll provide us with a copy of your payment receipt once you've paid the fee for your summer school course.
2. After your summer school course, you'll provide us with proof of completion. This might be a copy of your certificate, an email from the summer school, or a transcript of results.
3. You'll complete our summer school feedback form.
4. You will be required to post about your scholarship and experience on social media. Use the hashtag #SantanderUniUK and / or the tags below.
- Twitter: @SantanderUKnews
- Facebook: @SantanderUK
- LinkedIn: @Santander UK Universities
- Instagram: @Santanderuni
*If you fail to meet the requirements above, you'll have to return your award money in full.
To be considered for this scholarship, a student must be:
- a fully-enrolled student at NTU in the 2020/21 academic year
- able and committed to attending the whole of the summer school.
The student must not:
- be an incoming or visiting exchange student
- graduate before or during the online summer school.
Scholarships are awarded on a ‘first come first served’ basis. They are awarded until 1 June 2021 or until the scholarship money runs out — whichever is soonest.
Virtual International Summer Schools – Europe
Programme: The summer school will focus on:
- artistic practice
- creative processes
- technical implementation
- theoretical reflection on various topics centred around media and digital technologies.
It will take place as a hybrid event. You can take part at St Polten University or virtually through Microsoft Teams.
Dates: 21 to 25 June 2021.
Fees: Participation in the workshops is free.
Apply by: 23 May 2021.
When: Course specific in July and August.
Programme: Online courses offered in:
- Human Rights and International Law
- International Relations and Threats to Global Security.
Fee: €700 (€100 early bird discount and €100 partner discount).
Apply by: 15 March for early bird discount, otherwise 15 April 2021.
Programme: An opportunity to broaden your international perspective. Cutting-edge courses offer advanced learning in specialised management and finance fields. They will run either face to face or virtually.
Dates: 12 to 23 July 2021.
Details: This two-week summer school is taught in English. It's designed for both undergraduate and postgraduate students. It's perfect for those seeking to increase their knowledge of finance and management. Read about the Finance and Management Boot Camp 2021.
Fees: €1,950 to €3,500, depending on delivery mode. There's a 25% discount as we're a partner university.
Apply by: 1 May 2021.
Read about the FS Summer School Finance and Management Boot Camp.
When: 5 July to 6 August 2021.
Programme: The following online courses are offered:
- Engineering of Sustainable Energy Systems
- Smart Vehicles
- The Potential of Renewable Energies — can we satisfy the thirst for Energy in a sustainable way?
- Crashes and Impacts: Analysis, Techniques and Biomechanics
- Hydraulic & Pneumatic Systems
- Sustainable Entrepreneurship.
Fees: Online fees for 2021 to be confirmed soon.
Apply by: 12 April 2021.
Programme: Current developments on financial crime, corruption and money laundering: European and international perspectives.
Dates: 5 to 10 July 2021.
Details: Intensive six-day summer school on recent developments in the fields of:
- financial crime
- money laundering.
Subjects are covered at national, European and international levels. This programme is for participants who wish to advance their knowledge in the area.
Fees: €250 Euros. There is an early-bird price of €200 Euros to participants who register before 31 March 2021.
Application Deadline: 30 April 2021.
When: Course specific. June, July and August. Please see their website.
Programme: Courses range from the sciences and the humanities, and many are interdisciplinary.
Fees: Course specific – please see their website.
Apply by: Course specific – please see their website.
When: 5 to 16 July and 2 to 13 August 2021.
Programme: Over 50 inspiring on-campus and online short courses for international students and researchers.
Fee: Course specific – please see their website. Apply by 1 March and receive a 25% discount as a partner university.
Apply by: 1 May 2021. For the early bird discount, apply by 1 March.
When: Course specific – please see their website from November onwards.
Programme: 160 courses in the disciplines of:
- art and music
- social sciences
- law and economics
- life sciences
- engineering and technology.
Fee: Course specific – please see their website for more details.
Apply by: Course specific – please see their website for more details.
St Petersburg Polytechnic University Summer School
Programme: Take part in an online summer school at St Petersburg Polytechnic University. Choose from courses in:
- electrical engineering
- nuclear engineering
- oil, and gas in the energy industry
- digitalisation in the energy industry.
Suitable for students with a basic knowledge of the course they wish to take.
Samara University International School
When: varies according to course - June to August.
Programme: choose from 21 different programmes including Fashion, Sustainability, Tech Science and 3D Printing Technologies.
Fees: varies according to course - in the range of £167 - £255
Apply by: 1 June 2021.
University of Ljubljana Online Summer School
Programme: Choose from 27 online business, management, marketing and finance courses. Courses are available at both undergraduate and postgraduate level.
Dates: 5 to 23 July 2021.
Fees: €500 for one course, or €800 for two courses if you apply by 12 May. There is a €50 increase if you apply after 12 May.
Apply by: 10 June 2021.
Koh University Online Summer Programmes
Programme: Two online courses are offered:
- International Migration and the Crisis – 28 June to 16 July 2021
- Storytelling in Extended Reality: Worldbuilding – 5 to 22 July 2021.
- International Migration and the Crisis: $590 with a 15% discount for partner university students.
- Storytelling in Extended Reality: Worldbuilding: $875 with a 15% discount for partner university students.
Apply by: 16 April 2021.
Virtual International Summer Schools – Americas
When: 5 to 23 July 2021.
Programme: virtual courses offered in the following.
Canada's Multicultural Society: How did we get here?
Children, Play and Creativity
Health and Wellness Concepts
Intro to Design
Summer Language Program
Transformational Leadership and Advocacy.
Fee: $250 to $600. This varies by course.
Apply by: 1 May 2021
Virtual International Summer Schools - Asia
Programme: 4, 5, 6 and 8 weeks of intensive Mandarin language learning for all levels. You will take a test before you start the course to place you on the correct level.
Dates: various from June to August.
Fee: 4000 – 7400 RMB
Application deadline: various from June to July.