Skip to content
Nottingham Community
Nottingham Community

We take our role in the local community very seriously through doing our best to build partnerships and ensure our local communities share the benefits of our international reputation, global connections and world-class facilities.

We work hand in hand with our Students’ Union and local partners, to help our students to understand their responsibilities as local residents and how to be a good neighbour. However, we do recognise that from time to time there will be concerns and subsequent complaints from local residents.

It is therefore important for us to work hard with local community partners and authorities to reduce instances of anti-social behaviour in the local area which involves our students. Key partners we work with in the community include: Nottinghamshire Police, Nottingham City’s Community Protection and Waste services teams, the Housing of Multiple Occupation team (HMO) and local residents.

Who to Contact?

  • Anti-Social Behaviour and Excessive Noise

    Nottinghamshire Police

    If you are affected by anti-social behaviour in the local community then you should call the police on their non-emergency telephone number 101.

    Nottingham City Council

    Nottingham City Council can provide advice and information to help with tackling anti-social behaviour. More information can be found here.
    During working hours you can contact the Nottingham City Council’s Service Centre helpline on 0115 915 2020 where they will ensure your call is directed to the right team or agency.

    Rushcliffe Borough Council

    Rushcliffe Borough Council operate an online reporting tool which can be found here.

  • Wastage

    Nottingham City Council

    You can report incidents of fly-tipping and general waste issues using Nottingham City Council's online form here. Alternatively, you can contact them on 0115 915 2000.

    Rushcliffe Borough Council

    Advice and information on recycling and waste within Rushcliffe Borough Council can be found here.

  • Parking

    Nottingham City Council

    You can report any issues of inconsiderate or obstructive parking using the Nottingham City Council’s online reporting tool.  
    You can also telephone the team on 0115 876 1444 or email them at

    Rushcliffe Borough Council

    To report parking issues to Rushcliffe Borough Council you can call them on 0115 981 11 or email them at

  • Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO)

    Nottingham City Council

    If you wish to report an issue with a property (and/or it’s tenants) that is registered as HMO you can contact the HMO team through Nottingham City Council’s Service Centre Helpline on 0115 915 2020. Alternatively you can email them at

  • Contacting the University

    Comments or complaints about student residents in the local community

    If you wish to make a complaint about the behaviour of a student in the local community, please email the Student Community Liaison Team on The team can be contacted during office hours on 0115 848 2894.

    Please provide us with as much information as possible about the incident including, if appropriate, the full address of the property at which the students live.

    We will always try to respond as quickly as possible, however please bear in mind that it can often take a few days for us to get back to you as we have to speak to all the relevant departments at the university.

    Please do report all incidents about anti-social behaviour, noise, wastage, parking and any other related issues to the relevant local council or police as outlined above, similar to as you would about incidents with any other person living in the local community.

Want to speak to us?

Main reception:

+44 (0)115 941 8418