Access your timetable
Find out when we release our timetables, and how to access the one for your course.
We publish your timetable on NOW at the start of each academic year. It's created by the timetabling team. It takes into account various factors that influence when and where your event will be.
Timetable release dates for 2020/21
This year we'll release timetables at termly intervals. We aim to publish most undergraduate timetables as follows.
- Term One – 6 pm on Monday 21 September 2020 for all undergraduate students.
- Term Two – 6 pm on Monday 14 December 2020 for undergraduate students.
- Term Three – March 2021 (date to be confirmed) for undergraduate students.
All other non-undergraduate course timetables are likely to be issued a week before the course start date. They'll be available to view on NOW.
There may be delays to creating your timetable in some circumstances. These include, but aren't limited to:
- being referred in assessments
- transferring courses
- recently applying through clearing
- not obtaining a placement, etc.
Timetables are live documents and are subject to change. Remember to check your timetable daily throughout the academic year.
If you still don't have a timetable for Term One by 25 September, contact us. See the School contact details at the bottom of this page.
You must complete your enrolment as a student at NTU. You'll then be able to continue accessing your timetable through NOW.
We know you want to see your timetable as soon as possible. We understand you may have work or caring responsibilities. We're unable to provide timetables any sooner than this for several reasons:
- Government advice in response to COVID-19 is constantly changing. We'll release the Term One timetable for the start of the 2020/21 academic year and the rest of it at intervals. This allows us to respond to government advice about social distancing. It gives us the flexibility to redesign our learning and teaching. This means we can deliver the optimal student experience and amount of time on campus.
- Other universities might provide their timetables earlier than we do. We're only releasing ours when we're confident there'll be minimal further changes.
- Confirmation and Clearing and the Resit Assessment Period can change the number of students coming to NTU. We have to rearrange things to make sure you have the right facilities to cater for your new class size.
We do our best to ensure accuracy in all personalised timetables we release to you. However, manual processes may mean there are a few occasions where we may not always get it right. If there are clashes or any other issues, contact the Timetabling Support team. We'll help resolve it for you.
If you'd like to speak to somebody about anything else, you can Ask NTU.