Why go abroad?
Studying abroad gives you access to a whole range of new experiences. See the world, further your career prospects and increase your earning potential.
You'll also get the opportunity to:
- meet new people
- build network of friends and practitioners
- learn a new language.
Develop your personal and people skills required in the global workplace, including:
- intercultural communication and language skills
- adaptability and tolerance
- resilience and independence
- problem solving
- confidence and leadership skills.
Students who study or work abroad during their studies are more likely to:
- achieve a first class or upper second-class degree
- be in a graduate level job or further study
- have stronger employability, transferable skills and earn more!
Study abroad checklist
- Search for a destination
- Talk to a Student Exchange Buddy
- Apply for your study exchange
- Apply for a funding grant or scholarship
- Arrange accommodation
- Budget for your trip
"I would recommend studying abroad to my friends because it is an amazing opportunity to take advantage of whilst studying at NTU." - Fenniecia Smith