Find out more about NTU's Employability team. Get advice and information on work experience, jobs, events, applications and interviews.
Employability Hubs on campus
You can visit the NTU Employability team on campus at their Hubs. They are located on Brackenhurst, City and Clifton Campus. You’ll be able to get advice from their friendly Employability Student Mentors, who will be able to refer you on for more in-depth advice.
Visit MyEmployability for more information and to see their opening hours.
Advice and applications
- Live chat and online drop-in: speak to an advisor and gain tailored support and advice based on your circumstance.
- CV and cover letter support to help build, improve and check your applications.
- Interview support to help prepare you and boost your skills.
- Find your school-specific NOW Learning room by heading to the Get in Touch tab on the MyEmployability homepage.
- Listen to Working On It for the advice and tools you need to navigate your career path. This podcast from Employability speaks to recent graduates, current students and inspiring guests. They share their experiences of finding their way through the world of work.
Boost your skills to help you stand out and prepare for your next steps. Gain expert advice and practical support from events including:
- Employer sessions
- Career Fairs
Visit the events search on MyEmployability to book your place at these events.
Work experience, jobs and placements
Use NTU Employability's exclusive jobs platform to find jobs with employers looking to recruit NTU students.
- MyEmployability Job Search — work experience, graduate jobs, volunteering and more.
- InPlace — search for placements and add or manage your placements once secured.
- JobShop — search for part time jobs in the local area and roles at NTU with Unitemps.
- Application support — search for advice on MyEmployability or join the live chat. Look for the pink speech bubble.
Make your experience at NTU count and boost your employability with the Developing with NTU Award. This flexible award encompasses all that you do as an NTU student in, and outside of, university. Achieve certificates by setting yourself goals, completing activities and reflecting on your personal development.
Or why not hone your skills further with one of our specialised employability awards:
- Sustainability Award
- Digital Award
- Global Award
- Enterprise Award.
NTU Enterprise offers mentoring, support, training and networking opportunities. They're available to anyone considering or launching a business or social enterprise.
Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR)
The Higher Education Achievement Report records your academic and extra-curricular achievements during your time at NTU.
Upon graduation, all full-time undergraduate students are issued with a HEAR.
Your HEAR will give you:
- Easy access to your academic achievement summary.
- A transcript of results from your studies.
- A full summary of your eligible extracurricular activity.
- An official record of your accomplishments verified by the University.
Make sure you have a comprehensive HEAR record. Speak to the Employability team to get involved