Introduction to Retrofit (Including Retrofit Assessor Training)
- Level(s) of Study: Professional / Short course
- Start Date(s): 16 January 2023
- Duration: Mondays 5.30 - 8 pm, ten weeks
- Study Mode(s): Short course
- Campus: City Campus
On this course, you’ll learn about various retrofit technologies and the practical and theoretical issues relating to sustainability, zero-net and building regulations.
It’s useful for anyone in the construction sector who’s looking to develop skills as a retrofit coordinator and increase their level of project engagement and productivity.
This course will help you understand the mechanisms of building efficiency in existing dwellings and learn how to select appropriate retro-fit measures.
You’ll be introduced to a variety of different modeling, including the Standard Assessment Procedures (SAP) for domestic and non-domestic settings.
By the end of the course, you will:
- be able to make logical recommendations based on the information available
- be confident in solving problems
- be comfortable in generating new ideas, innovations and solutions
- communicate information, ideas and concepts effectively using the appropriate software
- have improved your interpersonal skills and ability to work constructively in a team
- be able to demonstrate a range of transferable skills that be will valuable in the workplace.
What will I gain?
A CPD certificate will be issued upon successful completion of the course.
Should the assessment be successfully completed, the course provides 5 NTU undergraduate credits.
Contact the short course team:
Telephone: +44 (0)115 848 2813
How you’re taught
Teaching and learning will take place using a flexible programme of workshops, demonstrations, seminar groups and tutorials.