Now working as Directorate Policy Manager she reports to the Chief Operating Officer of NTU, Steve Denton. She provides support to the Vice Chancellor and Pro-Vice Chancellors on HE policy matters and works on a diverse range of central initiatives and activities across the University.
Prior to joining NTU she worked in South Africa as a design practitioner in her own practice before becoming a full-time lecturer at a private design school. She completed her PhD in Peace, Conflict and Human Identity in 2004 at Nottingham Trent University.
She continues to support PhD students working in the fields of human identity, peace and conflict, and social sustainability in urban development. Recently supervised PhDs have focused on issues in central Africa.
- 2004, Member, Centre for the Study of Post-Conflict Cultures (Nottingham University )
- 2005, Panel Chair, Third International Conference on Arts and Humanities, USA
- Reviewer, Research Education and Learning Journal, published by KBU International College, Malaysia
- September 2007, Organiser, ADGD Symposium, 'Forms of Identity in the Designed Environment'
- Transnational education
- Quality management
- The home as a sense of place