Andrew is currently the Course Leader of MFA and a HEA Fellow
- Visiting professor in Kiel, Aix-en-Provence, Budapest, Bergen, and Tokyo
- Regular contributor to Dance Theatre Journal 2001-6
- Editor of Live Art Magazine 1997-8
- Manager and latterly chairperson of Anglo-Belgian performance company Reckless Sleepers
- Established and ran the percussion/live cinema group Left Hand Right Hand
- Established and ran the small press Tak Tak Tak
- Soundwalking: Deep Listening and Spatio-Temporal Montage. Humanities2017, 6(3), 69
- Pentrich Rising [sound walks], Pentrich 2017 Bicentenary Events. The Pentrich and South Wingfield Revolution Group
Recent research (since 2012)
- Oblique Cartographies soundwalk app in collaboration with visual artist Geoff Litherland and photographer George Miles, a D-Lab commission for Wirksworth Festival 2016
- OpenCity Stockholm [sound walk], Kungliga Konsthögskolan, Stockholm
- OpenCity Kiel [sound walk], Muthesius Kunsthochschule, Kiel
- Reciprocity [sound walk] in In Return [group exhibition], SIA Gallery, Sheffield Hallam University
- In place of architecture – a response [sound walk] [group exhibition], Bonington Gallery, NTU
- Reflections on OpenCity Aix, in PAUST (Performance Architecture Urbanism Space Theatre)
- OpenCity Aix [sound walk], Mobile Audio Fest, Aix-en Provence
- OpenCity,[conference paper/soundwalk] at in the Flow: People, Media, Materialities, Linköping University, Norrköping, Sweden
- Returns [group exhibition], Bonington Gallery, NTU
- OpenCity Budapest [sound walk], Spaces of Uncertainty [group exhibition]
- OpenCity Belgrade [sound walk], B_tour festival,
- OpenCity Tilburg [sound walk], Apprentice/master
- OpenCity Berlin [sound walk], B_tour festival
- Island Walk [sound walk], in By the Way [group exhibition], Bohunk Institute, Nottingham
- A walk through S [sound walk], Decalcomania [video], '6/11/2008' [installation] in Topographies of the Obsolete: Vociferous Void [group exhibition], British Ceramics Biennial, Stoke-on-Trent,
- Performing Community [performance walk] at Arts in Society Conference, Budapest
- The Line [interactive installation/performance workshop]. Alignment [group exhibition], Backlit, Nottingham
- Trust me, I’m an artist [conference paper/performance walk] at ‘Revisiting the Art of Walking’ seminar, ACLA Annual Meeting, University of Toronto
- The Site is the Question [group exhibition] at Airspace Gallery, Stoke-on-Trent
- Performing the Spatial turn [soundwalk] at 'Art et Géographie – Esthétiques et pratiques des savoirs spatiaux' Conference, Lyon
- The Way Back: Inhabiting place and the present [conference paper] at Sensuous Knowledge conference, Bergen
- By Wellington to Waddingore [installation/performance walk] for The Broadcaster, Lincolnshire
Visiting professor in Kiel, Aix-en-Provence, Budapest, Bergen, and Tokyo.
Sponsors and collaborators
- Collaboration with visual artist Geoff Litherland on D-Lab commission for Wirksworth Festival 2016
- Collaboration with Mole Wetherell, artistic director of Reckless Sleepers, and other members of the company on the publication ‘Trial’ (2007)
2007 ‘Trial: A Study of the Devising Process in Reckless Sleepers' Schrodinger's Box’
2016 OpenCity in PAUST (Performance Architecture Urbanism Space Theatre)
2015 Walking through post-industry, in Topographies of the Obsolete Site Reflections. Topographies of the Obsolete Publications
2015 Contribution to Ways to Wander (eds. Hind, C and Qualmann, C). Axminster - Triarchy Press
BROWN, A., DOUBLEDAY, K., KENYON, S. and COCKER, E., 2008. Open city . Drain. vol 5 . (2, Psychogeography)
2006. Nottingham rules: nottdance 2006 . Dance Theatre Journal. vol 22 (1) , pp. 3-6.
2004. Dance with a difference: Jerome Bel, Sandfield Centre . Evening Post. (Tuesday May 11, 2004)
2004. Nottdance 2004 (The annual festival produced by Dance4) . Nottingham Evening Post.
2004. An approach to live cinema: Kinugasa's 'A page of madness by Left Hand Right Hand' . Bristol Silents Journal. vol 5 .
2004. Nottdance 2004 (The annual festival produced by Dance4) . Dance Theatre Journal. vol 20 (2) , pp. 6-9.
2003. Moving in mysterious ways . Dance Theatre Journal. vol 19 (2) , pp. 22-35.
2002. Asking questions . Dance Theatre Journal. vol 18 (2) , pp. 6-10.
2001. Intimacy with strangers . Dance Theatre Journal. vol 17 (2) , pp. 6-9.See all of Andrew Brown's publications...